Whats the best way to cover up a grill

SNIPERSTEVE23

Arachnopeon
Hi guys i need advice on patching up some air vents to keep the humidity up on my T enclosure because it has far to many i was going to use tape but i wasint sure about it i thought it might hurt the T in some way

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tape from the inside (smooth side facing T) so legs won't stick?

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Tape from the inside (smooth side facing T) so legs won't stick?
Yup... Quick solution.. temporary or permnent... Any clear packaging tape would do.... Like what Lisa said... Tape it from the inside... But id add tape outside too... so you dont have the sticky part exposed!!!! Basically you just need to put it on both sides of the mesh... This is cost efficient easy to take off!!!... Can save you a lot of time & $$$ making a new lid!!!! I did it for my T. blondi sp."burgundy"!!!

Raised the humidity and stopped her from climbing the mesh!!!

Peace!!!!

Sutekh

Arachnopeon
Late to this, but I've tried something recently that worked well. Get some acrylic/plexiglass and cut to size (or have it cut to size where you buy it...I got mine at Lowe's here in the US) so that it rests on top of the inside lip of the upper edge. Drill holes in the cut piece for the amount of ventilation/humidity you want, place the piece, then put the mesh lid over it (in fact, if you wanted to you could even remove the mesh part of the lid and just have the frame of it hold down the acrylic/plexiglass). This costs a little more, but looks a little better.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
IMO, the tape looks perfectly fine. Just did it for my LP's tank.
Assuming she's still alive, silly thing's been burrowed for pre-molt for so long I've forgotten what she looks like.