Whats so bad about hybrids?

PhormictopusMan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You are correct, someone might actually learn something. Seriously, you can't claim to be in the pursuit of knowledge then refuse to do any work an research into past discussions.
Research research research, absolutely. Use a search function? Great tool, absolutely. My point is that the discussion is happening, right now. It's live and people are interested in it, and wanting to participate.

--Chris

cockroach52

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
this thread makes me want to try hybrid breeding and i have no interest otherwise in breeding tarantulas!

Arborealis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thats true if they are from different genuses but some Ts from the same genus can make fertile offspring.

I sincerely hope you are joking, if not misinformed people such as you are going to ruin this hobby.
Um...I'm pretty sure he was joking. Learn to appreciate sarcasm.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I will buy hybrid Ts as long as it doesnt look like regular Ts would...so I will buy hybrids so sell them to me...No Grammastola ones!!!! everything else ill take.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Lol

Here we go agian! Yeah, i would like to try and do a hybrid breeding, but need more experience first and that would only be after i got a chance to breed the true species that i am interested in. If I was actually going to breed hybrids, it would be at least 8 years from now.

So, let me know if any of you guys do breed some "pretty" hybrids in the mean time. Realy if some one out there could get unusual looking T hybrids then i think they would sell really fast.

And for those of you out there that HAVE done hybrids, please dont be shy!!! Post your findings and let us know details. You know who you are, and i know of some of you that have done hybrid projects but you don't want others to know that you have. Who cares what they think, you did the work andd now you should get some crredit for it. Yeah some people will be supprised, shocked, outraged, you name it. But others will be inlighted and entertained, so get the credit you deserve! Who knows, one day we might have a huge dinner plate sized beauty designer spider?

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I can't beleive there is yet another hybrid thread that does not seem to end. :(

Fenrir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
everyone of you that supports hybrids, re read the whole thread and use the search function only those who are completely ignorant support hybrids.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
this thread makes me want to try hybrid breeding and i have no interest otherwise in breeding tarantulas!
No offense cockroach, but this is exactly the problem. Experienced, well informed breeders know with certainty that hybrids are bad news but people newer to the hobby without as much experience and knowledge on the subject think it sound 'neat'. I think if you just look at the relative post counts on the people for versus the people against you can see what knowledge and experience will yield on the subject. There are many GOOD reasons not to do this.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
If everyone is so hung up on making "better" theraphosids then why not put the time and effort into line breeding pure species insead of trying to start messy hybrid lines and then refine them?.

I'm pretty sure the amount of work involved to get eg. a more richly reddish B. smithi would be almost equally tedious as trying to make a hybrid line comform to the breeders ideals and be stable without messy hybrids floating about risking other ppl's pure stock?.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Bravo Bill! Thats one of if not the smartest reply in this entire thread!