What's she playing at?

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My weirdo A. geniculata is sat quite hunched with her legs in a really odd position. Like she's about to climb the tank backwards. Anyone know what she's up to? Or is she just trying to be a pokie? :confused: :)

On a side note, she's not eaten for about 5 days not and she's nowhere near as active as she normally is. Could she be due for a moult sometime soon?

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
havnt got a clue i got a sling weird species.....mine just runs around the sides of the tank for hours lol and also likes to poop( i think its poop lol) in her water dish.....:?

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
from my experince, geniculata not eaten for more than four days = immenent moult

mine does that when the tank is colder if that helps, try adjusting the temp if your worried

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do you have a dish with fresh water in her tank? She might be trying to get some moisture from the ground...Of course that is just a guess.

Jon

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ours do that when stressed.

IE: when I move their tanks suddenly, when it's exceptionaly chilly in the house and their tanks have dropped a bit.
I might be wrong but I view it as an " I'm upset now just leave me alone and don't eat me." position.
And act accordingly.

This is the same pose Zevo struck when my oldest daughter shreiked on finding him and he was converged apon.
The poor thing, if tarantulas wore pants his woulda been wet.
My adcive would be to change her water, check her temp and take out any live food and let her be for a bit to have some quiet time.