Whats on my Dog's belly?

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok so after the last few days I have noticed that my Dog has developed a small "bump" on her belly. it is pretty hard. It looks kinda like a nipple that has hardened but its pinkish. So I think maybe a Cyst. Ok but here is the weird part. It appears she is missing a nipple? and this bump appeared about where it should be. I am stumped and we have not seen a vet yet, mainly because we just went camping and thought maybe it was a bug bite. well it never went away. so now I am worried.

can you all tell me what you think?

odiakkoh

Arachnosquire
Do you have another dog? It looks like my cat's nipple after we got our kitten and she was always suckling it.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
no. just her. Like I said, it wasnt always there either. over the course of the last week maybe it has done this. Its really hard too. Which is what made me think of a cyst.

thumpersalley

Roach Lovers Mom
Old Timer
Looks like a chigger bug. They are all around the midwest states. My Mom got 2 when she was a kid, at 71 she still has them on her leg. Take your dog to the vet & have it looked at. It could become infected. Kim

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks like a small infection - either an inflamed nipple or a doggy zit. If it doesnt drain on its own in the next day or two I'd take pooch to the vet

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looks like a chigger bug. They are all around the midwest states. My Mom got 2 when she was a kid, at 71 she still has them on her leg. Take your dog to the vet & have it looked at. It could become infected. Kim
Defiantly not a chigger bite. I know about those all to well. I get eaten up with them in spring.

Blacktara- Im going to be taking her to the vet for her checkup anyway. Wont be untill thursday. so we will see what it is.

Also if this is a zit, its VERY hard. I lightly squeezed it and nothing came out, but it feels like a cyst. Doesnt seem to be bother her though.:?

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Defiantly not a chigger bite. I know about those all to well. I get eaten up with them in spring.

Blacktara- Im going to be taking her to the vet for her checkup anyway. Wont be untill thursday. so we will see what it is.

Also if this is a zit, its VERY hard. I lightly squeezed it and nothing came out, but it feels like a cyst. Doesnt seem to be bother her though.:?
It kinda looks like a sebaceous cyst but those cysts usually don't have heads like the one in the picture.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Maybe it's only a sting or bite from something, easy for me to say but I don't think I'd worry about it much. Oh man, chiggers were a nightmare in tx this Spring:mad:, some years they are no problem:?.

kingrattus

Arachnoknight
Are you sure its covering a nipple? It looks too close to a nipple to be a nipple. It looks like a dog wart. My old dog grew many of them.