Whats New in your Collection?

RepugnantOoze

Arachnosquire
Title says it.
Is this your first experience with the species?
Why did you choose it?
Will it be a lifelong addition?

I just received my first GBB sling from Ken. They are must haves so I had to get one. Plus I love web! I'll be keeping it for its life (hopefully) and maybe breed it in the future once I am more comfortable with the species.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
This month alone I've gotten 5 new Ts which are all new species to me (not genus)

0.1.0 A. seemanni
0.0.1 C. sp Hati Hati
0.0.1 H. maculata
0.0.1 C. huahini
0.1.0 B. sabulosum

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My newest additions are
N incei
B kahlenbergi
And finally Lasiodorides polycuspulatus I've wanted all 3 for a while and as I'd recently lost 3 mature males I had 3 spare enclosures.
I'm certainly not new to this but I've never owned these 3 before and yes they will be woth me till their last days

Leila

Arachnobaron
I am dying to acquire some new babies; but...I have to take a hiatus from purchases for the time being :( Just too many possible slings on the way :)

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Newest Ts are:
Avicularia geroldi
Ephebopus cyanognathus

Not my first avic, though it is my first one at this size (1/2-3/4"). Have I ever mentioned that I hate tiny crickets? :arghh:
The E. cyanognathus is my first of the genus and also my first burrower - and definitely my fastest T. I'm constantly in awe of its speed. Seems like it can run up its burrow, snatch the prey and run back down before I can blink.

The A. geroldi I chose because its already done a phenomenal amount of webbing in its tiny little vial, I couldn't say no to the cute black toes and it seems like they're one of the less common Avics. Their adult coloration is also stunning.

The E. cyanognathus was hubby's idea, I probably would have chosen something else (G. iheringi) but if it makes him happy and means I get to keep adding to our collection, then I'm fine with it. They're also insanely cute as slings with their jewel-like coloration so I'm pretty happy.

And all my Ts are lifelong additions :D

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
Most recent T would be my H.mac and before that was a T.cyaneolum . I have a CITES brachypelma kahlenbergi on the way.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
The other weekend, I picked up:

AF A. chalcodes (Daisy)

View media item 38736
Euathlus sp red sling
Lasiodora klugi sling
Brachypelma emilia sling

They are all new to me. All females and some males will be lifelong roommates. A few mature males may be traded for breeding purposes before they die.

Last edited:

RepugnantOoze

Arachnosquire
@louise f wow your collection is amazing and so organized! My T's are in a pretty random assortment on a shelf. Of course I only have 5.

@Paiige Avicularia sp is next on my list. Do they all web an equal amount??

I got collection envy from you guys ugh.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
Got a new P. antinous sling this month that has begun to show the late stage of premolt, Ive never owned this sp. prior to this little one however I've had experience with my hair flicky P. platyomma... Chose it because I always like large, ferocious eating T's.

Last edited:

Paiige

Arachnobaron
@louise f wow your collection is amazing and so organized! My T's are in a pretty random assortment on a shelf. Of course I only have 5.

@Paiige Avicularia sp is next on my list. Do they all web an equal amount??

I got collection envy from you guys ugh.
I'm not the expert on Avics but they do web a good amount, as do most arboreals. It does also vary from individual to individual. I have one that barely has any webbing at all and another who has created a whole tube of webbing for herself that I can barely see through.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Got a new P. antinous sling this month that has begun to show the late stage of premolt, Ive never owned this sp. however I've had experience with my hair flicky P. platyomma... Chose it because I always like large, great eating T's.

That sling is so @#*$%&# cute :eek:

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My most recent tarantula addition, is a Chilobrachys sp. "Black Satan" sling.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Today I bought twenty Gryllodes sigillatus for my collection. This isn't my first time owning these. My collection loves them.
They are skittish but I handle them anyway.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Today I bought twenty Gryllodes sigillatus for my collection. This isn't my first time owning these. My collection loves them.
They are skittish but I handle them anyway.
SUPER skittish in my experience. I've been bitten a couple of times by the really big ones, so be careful picking them up.

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
In the last month I got 2 more A. avicularia, 2 A. geniculata, a P. irminia, and an adult female A. seemanni. All but the avics are new species for me.

Last edited:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
On sunday I was gifted a pair of sub adult G.porteri and a 3 inch female G.rosea by a couple that was moving and couldn't take them to there new apartement.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
New Genus to me, 0.0.3 Tapinauchenius viloaceus. If i get a female it will most likely stay with me.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
I just got two Chilobrachys sp. electric blue slings! Can't wait til they start showing adult colors, for now they're just a couple of angry brown specks. :p