Have You Seen...? What's New In the Upgrade

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Blurry pre coffee AM. Trying to keep up with the foibles and bug fixes. A lot like examining a chess game and trying to keep track of the various permutations. Then I noticed the new board software is a good analogy of a wildland fire break out and MrD a competent scene commander. Got the wheels in motion, the equipment out in the field and working, and now it's all about little spot shots here and there and every where. Hammer away at the small details while keeping the entire project overall function in mind.
It's working, got well over 50% containment, now just cope with all the little details before he can call it and head back to the barn. :singing:

cold blood

Staff member
First one shows attach files in the prime spot for post reply...the second is the useless and pointless bar that covers what i am writing....ive got to constantly (as in several times per post) stop writing and scroll past this to see what im writing. Screenshot_20200211-095613.png Screenshot_20200211-095602.png

Ive inadvertently logged out multiple times because of this bar....i mean really, who in the middle of a post would want to log out....im already posting...so why is log out even there?...this whole bar is just clutter i cant see ever being used.

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
When editing, attach files and preview are at the top, while the save icon needed is all the way at the bottom and needs to be scrolled way down to find....so far i had a hard time even finding the one button needed to edit....save should be right at the top IMO. Screenshot_20200211-100627.png

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Okay, now I know what you're talking about. Buttons are going to be staying in their current places. This is one of those "new operating system" things that you'll eventually get used to, hopefully ;)

As for that toolbar, I'll see if anything can be done.

The Snark

Old Timer
@cold blood Now that's a mess. You sure don't need the AB header or the tool bar. Goddess forbid ever trying to type a technical paper with that maze to work through.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Ive inadvertently logged out multiple times because of this bar....i mean really, who in the middle of a post would want to log out....im already posting...so why is log out even there?...this whole bar is just clutter i cant see ever being used.
If you're using Firefox or Chrome, you can block that mobile bar with uBlock. DM me, and I'll walk you through it.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Bottom toolbar should be gone now. Can anyone tell me if the reply box jumping around is still happening?

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
Bottom toolbar should be gone now. Can anyone tell me if the reply box jumping around is still happening?
Wow! So much better! Thank you so very much. Hopefully it isn't missed/doesn't break other functionality enough that it has to come back - this is so very much more useable on mobile!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey All,

Just figured I'd give a small run down of some of the new things that you'll find in the upgraded software.

Style Quick Change: (just click the "changing booth icon" to the left of the search icon)
View attachment 332574

Change Forum Width: (for those of you that may like a thinner viewing experience)

View attachment 332575

Push Notifications: Have notifications sent directly to your desktop or mobile device (Unfortunately does not work with Apple devices)

View attachment 332576

Please note: This must be done per device that you want to receive the notifications on.

Bookmark (and make notes about) individual posts to come back to:

View attachment 332577

Does this bookmark featurei allow me to bookmark all threads instead of using my browser?? I assume yes, but thought I'd ask. I just noticed this today.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Does this bookmark featurei allow me to bookmark all threads instead of using my browser?? I assume yes, but thought I'd ask. I just noticed this today.

Yes it does. It is a built in bookmark feature that you can access whatever threads you bookmark here through your profile.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes it does. It is a built in bookmark feature that you can access whatever threads you bookmark here through your profile.
WOW!!! I'm on this feature! Thanks for the quick reply. What is the limit of bookmarks I can save?? This is a game changer for me.

The Snark

Old Timer
WOW!!! I'm on this feature! Thanks for the quick reply. What is the limit of bookmarks I can save?? This is a game changer for me.
At this time, I don't believe that there are any limits.
The only place I am able to find my bookmarks is in My Content then Preferences. Is there some easier way to access them?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
The only place I am able to find my bookmarks is in My Content then Preferences. Is there some easier way to access them?
Click on your name in the forum toolbar, click bookmarks, click show all (if you need to see all of them).

1606060574959.png