Have You Seen...? What's New In the Upgrade

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
5. I think the font in each person's designation should be bolded. For example mine is Old Timer and ArachnoGod, they both should be bolded so people can see them better when they are looking at a user.
Vain! :kiss:

I think everything works ok, things change, we need to go forward and etc. But I have less time now to dedicate on this site = less Chris 'Extreme Wisdom', now this is the terrible thing :zipit:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Vain! :kiss:

I think everything works ok, things change, we need to go forward and etc. But I have less time now to dedicate on this site = less Chris 'Extreme Wisdom', now this is the terrible thing :zipit:
Not vain- I said everyone’s should be bolded!

cold blood

Staff member
Heres a few thing....not sure how others feel.

1. When i start typing my message, i get some options i would never use covering what im writing....so to see it as i type, i need to scroll down past it in the middle of writing (it says news feed, your content, post thread, log out)...i cant figure put for the life of me why this would even be there or who would use it in the middle of writing a post.

2. This is the annoyying one....when im done writing a posr and go to post reply, i am CONSTANTLY hitting attached files instead...its like this is exactly where i think post reply should be....can attached files be moved below the post reply or switched with its place?

3. I would like to see quotes in a darkened block like they used to be to seperate quoted material from posted material so tgey stand apart....i just think this would make for easier reading.

4. The emojis....to see what they mean, i need to hover over them...however if im on my phine or tablet, i cant twll whats what, so i click, check it, remove it and keep trying again....im sure as i get used to the meanings behind them this wont be a biggie, but for new users it could be made easier.

I also think there should be a disagree or dislike...which im not seeing.

5. Like viper, I much much prefer the emojis are present always instead of opening a box...why hide them?

6. when posting a pic from the gallery, it not only puts up the pic, but also the description and tags from the gallery, both are unnecessary and simply add clutter to an added pic.

Im nitpicking, as the new site seems great.

cold blood

Staff member
Heres a few things....not sure how others feel.

1. When i start typing my message, i get some options i would never use covering what im writing....so to see it as i type, i need to scroll down past it in the middle of writing (it says news feed, your content, post thread, log out)...i cant figure put for the life of me why this would even be there or who would use it in the middle of writing a post.

2. This is the annoying one....when im done writing a post and go to post reply, i am CONSTANTLY hitting attached files instead...its like this is exactly where i think post reply should be....can attached files be moved below the post reply or switched with its place?

3. I would like to see quotes in a darkened block like they used to be to seperate quoted material from posted material so they stand apart....i just think this would make for easier reading.

4. The emojis....to see what they mean, i need to hover over them...however if im on my phine or tablet, i cant twll whats what, so i click, check it, remove it and keep trying again....im sure as i get used to the meanings behind them this wont be a biggie, but for new users it could be made easier.

5. Like viper, I much much prefer the emojis are present always instead of opening a box...why hide them?

6. when posting a pic from the gallery, it not only puts up the pic, but also the description and tags from the gallery, both are unnecessary and simply add clutter to an added pic.

Im nitpicking, as the new site seems otherwise great.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Mobile or Desktop. Can you post a screenshot?

2. This is the annoyying one....when im done writing a posr and go to post reply, i am CONSTANTLY hitting attached files instead...its like this is exactly where i think post reply should be....can attached files be moved below the post reply or switched with its place?

3. I would like to see quotes in a darkened block like they used to be to seperate quoted material from posted material so tgey stand apart....i just think this would make for easier reading.
I'll look into it.

start reading at post #20 :)

see answer to #4

this may be something new with the newer version of the gallery. I'll have to look into it.

cold blood

Staff member
Both 1 and 2 are happening on my phone...sorry I should have been more clear on that. Its very difficult to not just post, but to use the gallery or the bold or italics. Things jump around away from what needs to be seen.

I actually just started to see the disagree this morning for the first time. I mentioned it because it was posted that it was there, but at the time, it wasn't for me (both laptop and phone).

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
Both 1 and 2 are happening on my phone...sorry I should have been more clear on that. Its very difficult to not just post, but to use the gallery or the bold or italics. Things jump around away from what needs to be seen.

I actually just started to see the disagree this morning for the first time. I mentioned it because it was posted that it was there, but at the time, it wasn't for me (both laptop and phone).
The dark block replies are still present when I use the rainforest theme (I think that's the name, the dark green/brown one) and I believe your missing disagree and dislike reactions are due to which sub you're in. Mr d had said he turned them off in eg the announcements area as he doesn't care if users dislike or disagree there. I think that's the case in the entire "arachnoboards info" forum group - I find it confusing to have different reactions available in different areas (and think being able to disagree with a reply to said posts has value even if we can't dislike an announcement itself for example)

cold blood

Staff member
and I believe your missing disagree and dislike reactions are due to which sub you're in
Yeah, I am aware....It wasn't anywhere when UI made the post...which was precisely why I mentioned it.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member

Still waiting on Screenshots of what you're talking about please :)

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
New format is awesome and seems faster.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I'd also prefer not to have the tags and caption appear when embedding gallery images.

@MrDeranged Speaking of the gallery, would it be possible to change the preview so that the date appears under the image thumbnail in the gallery itself without having to hover over the image? This makes it easier for me to pick up reviewing/tagging where I left off without using the "view all new media" link.
Gallery.png

2. This is the annoying one....when im done writing a post and go to post reply, i am CONSTANTLY hitting attached files instead...its like this is exactly where i think post reply should be....can attached files be moved below the post reply or switched with its place?
LOL, I accidentally did that this morning.

Lol, Im old, I have zero clue on how to take a screen shot.
What kind of phone are you using? Does your reply layout look like this?
Post Reply.png

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
im on samsung...and my screen doesnt quite look like yours.
On the Samsung Galaxy (I'm not sure about other models), you take a screenshot by holding down the power and volume buttons simultaneously.