What's in that hole?

petkokc

Arachnosquire
This is some curiously looking hole, what could be hiding inside?

I really don't know, if there was only a way to peak inside!

What if I told you there is a way!

Tadaaaaaaa:

I hope this gives you some ideas :D

Shudragon

Arachnopeon
Just watched your vid on how to build this one the other night. Good stuff my man. My metallica is only about 1.5 inches but I'll have to make one for when it grows up.

Girlfriend wondered if using hardening clay to make a trunk/details would work like the foam? Just her idea. Keep it up.

Shudragon

Arachnopeon
I feel like I'll have to do it for my B. albopilosum, she is around 4 inches after her recent molt and still hiding behind her dirt curtain :confused:

I feel like the magnet idea could apply to many enclosures! Seriously good idea there.

Also gushing because my girlfriend loves your videos.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Just watched your vid on how to build this one the other night. Good stuff my man. My metallica is only about 1.5 inches but I'll have to make one for when it grows up.

Girlfriend wondered if using hardening clay to make a trunk/details would work like the foam? Just her idea. Keep it up.
Clay would work but it would be heavier then :p

petkokc

Arachnosquire
@Shudragon Say hello to her then :D
But yeah, as @ledzeppelin pointed, foam and styrofoam are used mostly because they are super light. I used to do my enclosures with dirt that would harden when dried, almost like a clay, but it really made the enclosures heavy. Not an issue if you have one or two enclosures, but if you start stacking them on the shelf it can become a problem.

jaycied

Arachnoknight
I've been following your channel for quite awhile now, and I love it! I recently started my own (Annitya's Arachnids, not a self promotion, you just may recognize a couple of comments on your videos) because of you. Thank you! I love how creative and excited you always are.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Here's a link to the video check out his channel there all worth watching great job man love your videos

Rachel C

Arachnopeon
The best thing about this idea is that you can adapt it to tanks/enclosures that you already have. I'm not super glass savvy but I will definitely install magnetic hides on any arboreals that I get in the future.

petkokc

Arachnosquire
The best thing about this idea is that you can adapt it to tanks/enclosures that you already have. I'm not super glass savvy but I will definitely install magnetic hides on any arboreals that I get in the future.
Ye but only the "viewing part" of it...this enclosure can also be opened so you can take the molt or egg sack from the hide ^^

Rachel C

Arachnopeon
Ye but only the "viewing part" of it...this enclosure can also be opened so you can take the molt or egg sack from the hide ^^
very true. I don't plan on venturing into the breeding aspect so that part would be limited to clean and rehousing for me but also extremely useful