whats he doing?

JonnyK

Arachnopeon
i have my two rose hairs in a separate enclosures in a split tank where they can both see eachother. the male looks like he's doing a dance, he must be spinning a web right? i dont understand, is a sperm web just a regular spider web? lol now he stopped and im just watching him and he's moving 2 of his right front legs up and down repeatily and the two little ones in front. is he trying to get a mate? would it be a good idea to have a go at mating? i was planning on trying to breed them, not in any rush but the process before i have any babies is about 4 months so why not start mating now? :rolleyes:

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They can't see each other but they can smell each other. A sperm web looks like a lean to tent from the floor to the wall. I would give mateing a try. It sounds like they are ready to go. Good luck.

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Its kind of hard understanding what you mean, so do you think it would be possible to get some pics?

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have my two rose hairs in a separate enclosures in a split tank where they can both see eachother. the male looks like he's doing a dance, he must be spinning a web right? i dont understand, is a sperm web just a regular spider web? lol now he stopped and im just watching him and he's moving 2 of his right front legs up and down repeatily and the two little ones in front. is he trying to get a mate? would it be a good idea to have a go at mating? i was planning on trying to breed them, not in any rush but the process before i have any babies is about 4 months so why not start mating now? :rolleyes:
how big are your rose hairs? does the one you think is a male even have the hooks / boxing gloves?

are you ready for all these babies?

JonnyK

Arachnopeon
how big are your rose hairs? does the one you think is a male even have the hooks / boxing gloves?

are you ready for all these babies?
Yeah he's definently a male. I am more than ready for these babies!
They can't see each other but they can smell each other. A sperm web looks like a lean to tent from the floor to the wall. I would give mateing a try. It sounds like they are ready to go. Good luck.
I checked this morning and there is a foamy circle where he was. Is that what you were talking about.
Its kind of hard understanding what you mean, so do you think it would be possible to get some pics?
Camera needs batteries lol, I'll try to get some soon but what's left now is a foamy circle so that must be the sperm web, right?

By the way these too have already breed before for the person I had last so they must be ready to breed again now. Gonna have to be very careful, I do NOT want to lose my male! I have a question, should I wait until he starts doing the dance again tonight? Or will anytime be okay since he's producing sperm?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I checked this morning and there is a foamy circle where he was. Is that what you were talking about.
Is the "foamy circle" on a web, off the floor? With the drumming and what sounds like a mature male that is loaded and ready to go, I think you should give the mateing a try. As said above, make sure you are prepared for hundreds of slings. That can easily sneak up on you when your not ready.

JonnyK

Arachnopeon
The foamy circle is on the floor. Once I get an eggsack I plan on leaving it with the female to take care of it for a month, then incubating it myself. Once the eggs hatch I will keep them in a 20 gallon until they get big enough so they need to be separated. i will then separate them into their own deli cup enclosures until i find them a new home. how does that sound?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sounds like you got it down. They will need to be seperated when you will need to provide food for them. That's when they start eating each other.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They need to eat after they have used up what was stored in the egg they developed from. I think the feeding will need to start after the third molt. First will be the eggs with legs. Then you'll have fat little T's that look bald. Then comes the third molt where they will start to need some pin head cricks to keep them going.