whats boris doing?

trapieter

Arachnopeon
ok, boris da bana... titles kinda in the name, l.parahybana, is being odd, I think but he's our first so can't say much lol. We knew he was coming up for a molt so kinda been looking out for the signs like going of the food, spining webs on the ground etc... so far he had the nice bold shiny abdo which is darker now, and has gone off food but although he had done some webbing it was nothing particular. For the last few days he's just been sat at the bottom of his bark lean too and hasn't moved, at first I thought he was going to molt but 3 days no moving? I don't want to disturb him incase he is wanting to but at the same time I wanna make sure he is ok. He may be moving around when we are out or in bed but seems like the exact spot to me :?

am I being paranoid? Anyway advice would be good please :D

cheers

jojo xx

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd just leave him be. If by chance he did die, you will smell it really soon. But I doubt that is the case. Patience my friend patience.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My little 'bana sling barricaded itself in a hole for 3 weeks for the last molt. If i hadn't been able to see it through a little window i probably would have been tearing my hair out. As talkenlate said: Patience. Let it be and you'll have a shiny new spider in no time.

trapieter

Arachnopeon
ok I'll leave him alone, I need to go in and put water in...lol have a feeling he really isn't gonna care right now but don't want to disturb I'll just be gentle :) then he'll be all alone.

funny coz legs our p.murinus sling is hiding out for a molt right now too so if they go at the same time or close it will be an exciting week :D he doesn't scare me so much coz he's burrowed in his webbing and his eyes aren't just staring lol I just see his butt.

trapieter

Arachnopeon
thanks for the pic... boris has an abdo as smooth as a baby's bottom right now.

My hubby was worried coz he's been looking a little white and a little dark and he got me to ring the pet store and I feel silly now :8o the lady is good at explaining things in there and as soon as she said it I thought " I have two beardies who shed all the time and the skin coloration is coz of the separation of layers :? " so me not worried now, I wouldn't want to move much either in that state :embarrassed:

don't think I'll be assisting boris with his molt like I do the beardies though lol... dip in the bath and a tickle could be as shocking as an electric appliance in me bath {D

I'll post some pics of my new beauty when he's done. :D

cheers jojo xxx

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i saw this title and freaked, "whats my dads name doing on here?" lol ahhh its just a spider not too many ppl named Boris ya know ;)