What's a very common species that haven't added to your collection? Why not?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I love T. albos but I don't need as many as I have. Bought an adult female and ended up with two slings and a juveline from different "package deals" or as a freebie. I don't need four T. albos 😂
I bought 2, have 5. Apparently, it's cool to stick them in as freebies without asking the customer. Then I'm in the position of "I didn't order this, and I don't want it to take up valuable shelf space where I want other species to go...but I can't bring myself to kill it. This isn't the T's fault." This has happened with a couple of other species too, and it's annoying. Several spaces on my shelf should be holding things I wanted to keep, instead of things that a T dealer wanted to get rid of.

EightBallPaul

Arachnopeon
S. dehaani because I'm a coward :) I love their aggressive temperament and colors. But the bite :eek: Can't get over it

omni

Arachnobaron
I remember once getting an OBT as a surprise freebie. I never wanted OW's tho I enjoyed having it, and decided to keep another one now but is was a common sp. I never chose to have lol.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I bought 2, have 5. Apparently, it's cool to stick them in as freebies without asking the customer. Then I'm in the position of "I didn't order this, and I don't want it to take up valuable shelf space where I want other species to go...but I can't bring myself to kill it. This isn't the T's fault." This has happened with a couple of other species too, and it's annoying. Several spaces on my shelf should be holding things I wanted to keep, instead of things that a T dealer wanted to get rid of.
Now that I think about it, i'm in the exact same place with A. seemanni. Bought one and have since "aqcuired" two more. They aren't even really a favorite species of mine.

Honestly thinking about not requesting freebies anymore because all i've ever gotten are albos, A. seemanni and one LP. Cheap spiders the dealers just want to get rid of.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I remember once getting an OBT as a surprise freebie. I never wanted OW's tho I enjoyed having it, and decided to keep another one now but is was a common sp. I never chose to have lol.
That was lucky! I WOULD be happy with another OBT!

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I personally would be thrilled to get ANY freebies, but that's just me...and I have 10 spiders right now. I can see how it could become more of a burden if you're someone who has been in the hobby for many years and has a very large collection (and limited shelf space).

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
The only reason I have a G. rosea is that I got it as a freebie. And while I did technically chose it, all the other freebies were species I already owned, and I never turn down a freebie unless it's species I already have. But literally ever other species of Grammostola has a better appearance IMO.

I love T. albos but I don't need as many as I have. Bought an adult female and ended up with two slings and a juveline from different "package deals" or as a freebie. I don't need four T. albos 😂
I have exactly the same problem with both T. albos and LP's. I already have T albo Nicaragua and LP females but also ended up with 2 LP freebies and 2 T. albo freebies - 1 Honduran and 1 the dealer wasn't sure of - which means it's probably Honduran.

Then I'm in the position of "I didn't order this, and I don't want it to take up valuable shelf space where I want other species to go...but I can't bring myself to kill it. This isn't the T's fault." This has happened with a couple of other species too, and it's annoying
You might be able to trade them or get credit for them at a show. And before anybody says no one would want them I recently had a deal to trade one of my LP's for some Simandoa conservarium nymphs - then of course all the shows shut down :banghead:

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
....any arboreals, I have not added any of the arboreal species to my collection as yet.

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
L. parahybana, because of space/size needed. Avics and most other arboreals because of space efficiency/enclosure set up.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I haven't added any Brachypelmas to my collection as of yet, mostly because they are expensive where I live and are usually sold as tiny slings. However, I do really like the look of them (esp. B.auratum) and hope to get one eventually.