What's a very common species that haven't added to your collection? Why not?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
P. murinus - Aside from the Kigoma DCF they just don't appeal to me whatsoever.
C. lividus - Meh
Most Pokies - Apart from like 5 species they all look the same to me.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
The OBT, or any baboon for that matter.
I just can’t muster some relatively inordinate prices over here for what are essentially furry defence-mode balls that’ll turn my well done enclosures into pillow fort webs which’ll never rub off the side of storage boxes...
Baboons really do trash their enclosures. Both my P. muticus and P. murinus have about six webbed over water dishes in their enclosures. My C. darlingi is somehow a bit more respectful though. 😆

omni

Arachnobaron
A. geniculata... I do enjoy seeing pics and vids, they are a hobby staple T. but they get pretty big and need some space. same for LP's. for the # of T's and stuff I have another large enclosure would kill me haha.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
G. pulchra is one that I don't have in my collection. The reason why is because I just haven't got the desire to want one and never had the desire for a long time. The reasons why is because of the G. quirogai and G. pulchra confusion and also the slow growth. I would buy an adult pair or a larger specimen to help reduce stress of the slow growth but at the moment I have no desires to get one.

omni

Arachnobaron
yeah, quirogai issue puts me off, too so other black sp. (and faster growing) have taken that slot in my collection

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had a gbb way back, wasn’t my favorite. I am a P. sazimai guy now

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Extremly boring speicies. More boring than a G rosea. I like T albo snd T vagans though. T albo eats alot and T vagans has some spunk. I like there looks better too
I love hamorri but I have to agree with you there. They don't do a lot! Klassi are the same. I have boehmei (AF) and again, she doesn't do a lot.

The other Brachy species I have are slings so a little more interesting/lively.

Having said that, most Brachy species are fantastically beautiful looking T's and make great display pets. They are worth every penny in that respect.

I love T albos. Not owned a vagans yet, maybe one day I'll get one.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
P. murinus - Aside from the Kigoma DCF they just don't appeal to me whatsoever.
C. lividus - Meh
Most Pokies - Apart from like 5 species they all look the same to me.
Agree with you on the pokies. I've never been mad for them, never felt the need to get one. My main preference is for large bodied terrestrials. Just love the way they look.
I can appreciate arboreals but they've never done it for me!

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
N. chromatus, T. vagans, G. pulchra, A. geniculata, G. rosea, LPs, GBBs, the list goes on and on. Why do I not have these “Hobby Staples”? Simple. Parents don’t want to take care of a zoo when I leave for college, so I have a limit on the amount of Ts/Inverts I can keep. And I just haven’t found these species to be appealing enough to be more deserving of a spot than the ones I got instead.

Last edited:

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
The OBT, or any baboon for that matter.
I just can’t muster some relatively inordinate prices over here for what are essentially furry defence-mode balls that’ll turn my well done enclosures into pillow fort webs which’ll never rub off the side of storage boxes...
Sounds like you’d love Chilobrachys sp. then. They are calm as can be, and they TOTALLY don’t web at all :p

60A51EB7-D5B8-47CA-98E0-9BF38DBE8A8A.jpeg

61B89C0C-D3F2-4C59-9A80-26BF66157F33.jpeg

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
LP - I already have L. klugi and L. difficilis, both of which I think look nicer.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Agree with you on the pokies. I've never been mad for them, never felt the need to get one. My main preference is for large bodied terrestrials. Just love the way they look.
I can appreciate arboreals but they've never done it for me!
That’s what I thought about pokies. Until I got one in a trade. They are super fun Ts to have. And quite impressive due to size+coloration

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aphonopelma seemanni. Don't get me wrong, they are gorgeous, but their "pet hole" rep has made me reconsider and look elsewhere. Eventually, yes, I can see myself getting one of these.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Oh quite a few I do not have yet. P. murinus, C. dyscolus, A. seemani, E. murinus are just a few. There are others as well. Only reason I have yet to get any of them is simply because other species that are too good to pass up end up at the top of my list. Right now the only species out of those listed that I am trying to track down now is P. murinus. I can see myself raising 5 of of each variant of P. murinus in the near future.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Oh quite a few I do not have yet. P. murinus, C. dyscolus, A. seemani, E. murinus are just a few. There are others as well. Only reason I have yet to get any of them is simply because other species that are too good to pass up end up at the top of my list. Right now the only species out of those listed that I am trying to track down now is P. murinus. I can see myself raising 5 of of each variant of P. murinus in the near future.
P. murinus are definitely beautiful. I am always in awe when my female comes out of her web fortress. The DCF is actually really pretty. Kind of understated, which I think I prefer. OBTs are really unique and beautiful spiders. In my mind, they deserve their popularity. I was really surprised just how much their temperament can vary between individuals of these species. My girl is actually quite calm and mellow for the most part, but a friend of mine had a male named "Pumpkin" who was almost demonic!

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Baboons really do trash their enclosures. Both my P. muticus and P. murinus have about six webbed over water dishes in their enclosures. My C. darlingi is somehow a bit more respectful though. 😆
It's especially funny when they try to take a bottlecap/ water dish back into their lair. I've had that happen a few times too. The everlasting battle of the water dishes continues!

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I love T. albos but I don't need as many as I have. Bought an adult female and ended up with two slings and a juveline from different "package deals" or as a freebie. I don't need four T. albos 😂