What's a very common species that haven't added to your collection? Why not?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
We all know that there are some hobby staples out there (B. hamorii, T. albopilosus, A. avicularia, etc). I'm just curious if any of you with larger collections have never personally kept these species, and why some of them never appealed to you despite their popularity.

fried rice

Arachnoknight
I am a beginner, but the entire Brachypelma genus doesn’t appeal to me at all. I heard that they flick lots of hairs and have slow growth rates.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I am a beginner, but the entire Brachypelma genus doesn’t appeal to me at all. I heard that they flick lots of hairs and have slow growth rates.
I love brachys and tliltocatl and have actually found them to be decent growers?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
G. rosea. I really like the Grammostola genus but rosea has never been a must-have.
I think that G. roseas are really beautiful, but I only ever see them as slings and their growth rate is so extremely slow. That coupled with months of random fasting and I don't think Id have the patience for it, unfortunately.

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
The OBT, or any baboon for that matter.
I just can’t muster some relatively inordinate prices over here for what are essentially furry defence-mode balls that’ll turn my well done enclosures into pillow fort webs which’ll never rub off the side of storage boxes...

fried rice

Arachnoknight
Im also not interested in GBBs. Dolichothele diamantinensis is like the same thing without urticating hair...

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brachypelma hamorri. I have had them in the past but i dont like them very much

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I’m in the acquiring phase of the hobby. Slowly, but surely, Grammostola pulchra has risen to near the top of the list. My next purchase at the end of April...or who knows when...will include the G.pulchras.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I’m in the acquiring phase of the hobby. Slowly, but surely, Grammostola pulchra has risen to near the top of the list. My next purchase at the end of April...or who knows when...will include the G.pulchras.
Pulchras are gorgeous but I have a thing for big black/dark spiders!

Chroma Trigger

Brachypelma Collector
Arachnosupporter +
Im also not interested in GBBs. Dolichothele diamantinensis is like the same thing without urticating hair...
You and me, we're gonna have to talk. Today. After school. Three o'clock. In the parking lot. ;) I understand where you are coming from, especially because I am looking to have some variety in my collection. Owning a GBB, I wouldn't get a D. diamantinensis or an Aphonopelma mooreae. Just too similar looking. I guess I just enjoy a bit of hairy attitude...

G. Pulchra and A. Geniculata are not in my collection. Maybe in the future... One day a T. Seladonia for sure, but that can wait. M. Balfouri communal sounds interesting too.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
A. geniculata, I really want one but I was choosing between a Nhandu and a genic and I went with a Nhandu.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Caribena versicolor. I'd like one eventually, but I don't really have room for another arboreal right now. I'll get one when I have a house to set it up in.