What would you pay for these T's (i.e: are these good deals?)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello-

I kind of know what the "going rate" on these Ts are but i'm more wondering if anyone could tell me if they're worth driving a half hour to buy them at these prices.

I mean, i can look online, but still there's some disparity between the online sellers, so i'm looking to the hobbyists. I guess this is another "is this worth it" post

so here we go:

2.5" G.grossa $35-$40
2-2.5" N.vulpinus $45
2-2.5" P.rufilata $45 <-- (well i know thats not too bad)
1.5" S.calceatum $34
1" C.paganus $25-$30
1" C.huahini $14
2" A.moderatum $20 (i think its 2" and if so, a good deal i know)
1.5" A.bicoloratum $20

like i said,i know the rufilata, moderatum and huahini are pretty good prices, but the others??

and would you pay $20 for a 1" L.dificilis?

any feedback would be appreciated! Again, i'm not so much worried about how much other dealers go for, but what you, as a hobbyist would pay for, and if you think they are good deals.

By the way, these are all at Leaping Lizards in Minnesota in case anyone swings by. Jill will probably hook it up, too, so theres like $5 off per T or something.... but leave some for me if you go! :)

Thanks in advance!

dave

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah dave the prices sound good to me. The A.bicoloratum is an awsome deal, and a awsome species.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it is a beautiful species!!

I want to buy it if no-one beats me to it! :) But you really think those are good prices?

peace
dave

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
They don't seem too bad at all, other than the C. paganus.. Which is more than likely Haplopelma sp. "longipedum". I recently purchased one of these from a pet store for under 20 dollars, half grown.

Bill

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I wish I could get them at those prices..out of the ones you mentioned I just recently bought them at these prices.Prices are in CDN prices and the T's are sexed
N.vulpinus-3"/f...$125
A.bicoloratum-3"/f..$90
P.rufilata..3"/f..$115
C.pagnus..4"/f...$60
All T's around here in my neck of the woods that are of any substantial size and sexed female usually command a fair price.Slings I would say on avarage vary anywhere from $15-$60..sometimes much more dependant on species and dealer/supplier/petstore.Large adult females(also dependant on strain) can really cost big bucks...upwards of $250 CDN in some places....expensive hobby for sure...peace..

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey pelo --

where'd you get your Ts?

and i guess it looks like one more jaunt for some cool T's tomorrow :)

i guess i'm buying for 2 people tomorrow also, which is pretty neat.

peace
dave

defour

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Dave,

I'm lazy! Let me know what they've got for Brachys. Last time I was there they had some B. emilia and B. smithi (both around 2.5") $70 or so. If you're dying for a Nhandu vulpinus, I've got a 5" female I'm thinking of selling. I'm planning to post a little list of stuff to the MN people (peeps, to you kids) soon.

Steve

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey man,

sweet! I'll email you tonite!

I'm going tomorrow, so i'll double check on brachys, but last week i made a little list of a couple of their Ts, i didnt get them all, but here's a couple. Also good in case anyone happens to be in the city and wants to swing by:

1 G.grossa
2 N.vulpinus
1 N.coloratovillosus
3 P.rufilata
1 P.ornimental
3 S.calceatum
1 P.reduncas
3 C.paganus
1 C.huahini
2 A.moderatum
2 A.bicoloratum
30 G.rosea "flame knee" ;P
2 T.blondi
2 A.versicolor
4 A.anax
1 H.lividum
3 P.murinus
1 A.geniculata
3 P.iriminia
2 A.seemani
2 A.avicularia
2 L.dificilis
3 B.albopilosum
* I THINK 1 B.ruhnaui *
1 C.brachycephalus
1 C.crawshayi
3 H.gigas

there's more but i ran out of room on my paper (and in my brain).
i'll PM you for all the off-topic stuff.

pce
dave

TheSpiderHouse

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey RugbyDave. Those are pretty good price man. The A moderatum is the only one I see that looks just ok. I got a 2+" one from Inland Sea Reptiles for 15.00. Cant complain about 5 bucks though ;) The P. rufy and the A. bicolor are both pretty killer deals. I'm jealous. :)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well if you ever leave Quantico for the Twin Cities, you'll know where to go :)

Would you recommend Inland?

peace
dave

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dave,
I paid $10 for my A. moderatum it was about 2". I bought it from Greg at www.walkwildside.com. I have seen the calceatum cheaper too. If I were you I'd snatch up both of their bicoloratums.

Andy

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
$10 is sweet!!!

i guess $20 is ok... at least there's no shipping on top of that :)

i think i'm going to not snag the calceatum, and instead go for the huahini... great T!

i'm going to check out Greg's site..
but i think i'm going to stick with the stores around here since they have a great selection and i dont have to wait for the mail :)

thanks again!
peace
dave

pixi14369

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The G. rosea seems a bit much but the others i dunno....i have seen G. rosea going for 5-10 dollars..

TheSpiderHouse

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yes, I was very pleased with Inland. I'll pm you their email addy(they don't have a web site, and my post should be in the dealer review).