what would YOU keep?

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
What with money so tight and all, and me having to move back home to my parents, I have to make some miserable choices. (thank you #$*@* ex..let's not go there) I had to place my dogs in homes, as well as, my cat. I was able to beg and plead to keep my snakes and my Gecko.

Tarantula-wise, nearly all of mine are going. I'm keeping:
* my blondi
* 2 Chaco slings, and pray one is a female

I can keep one more. I have the following remaining. I was looking for opinions from ya'all. I have the following:
* P. scrofa
* C. fasciatum
* G. pulchra
* B. albopilosum
* E. campestratus
* A. anax
* A. chalcodes
* A. moderatum
* B. vagans
* A. avicularia
(addition..)
* L. parahybana

Thanks in advance for your time and choices..
Peace,
Gillian

Last edited:

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
It's such a bummer you can't keep them all... But from your list I think I'd have to keep the G.pulchra.

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Tough question. What are your priorities? Display, handling, size? Sorry to answer a question with a question

Anyway. if I had to choose I would stick with the L. parahybana just because of their impression size, beauty and appetite.

Jeff

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well, the parahybana is my favorite

of the ones that I have..but I have a question for you..
Is your move a short-term move?
(I can relate..my kids and I had to move in with my b/f when i lost my house...it totally sucks trying to decide what is worth keeping, and giving up what you seriously want)
Is there anyone who could take your T's in until you are back on your feet and on your own?
(probably a stupid question because I am almost sure you would have tried that option first)
Good luck,

Kim

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Mendi
It's such a bummer you can't keep them all... But from your list I think I'd have to keep the G.pulchra.
Same here.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
yes, what do you want most in the T you plan to keep? that's what i'd base it on...

also, just look over each of them, perhaps spend some time with them and see which one you'd miss the most.

out of curiosity, are you going to be selling them? i would be very interested in any of the docile ones, particularly the E. campestratus & the A. avic.

at least if you sell to forum members you'd be able to keep up with how the little ones are doing in the future. :)

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gillian
* P. scrofa
* G. pulchra
* E. campestratus
* A. chalcodes
* B. vagans
* L. parahybana

Thanks in advance for your time and choices..
Peace,
Gillian
Gillian, I'm very sorry to hear you're going through rough times! I hope things work out for you and soon!

Above, in bold are the list of t's I would start off with choosing from.

You have such a difficult choice to make! I guess when it came down to it, for me it would be whomever I was most attached to. I probably wouldn't be able to choose between the above until I actually went to pack them up to ship them off. This is usually when I realize which ones I'm going to miss most. Sounds kind of weird probably, but if you imagine them already gone, sometimes it will help in knowing which one you're most attached to and which one you're going to miss the most!

Best of luck and if I can help you in any way, please do let me know. I'm not sure how long you would have to part with these, but have you considered having a friend take care of them for you until you're in a better position? Or are you needing money at this point more than t's?

Best wishes to you and yours,

Paul

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
:( So sorry Gillian... I hope things look up for you. I am in California and would be more than happy to babysit your Ts, at no charge, until you can retrieve them. Seriously, I would hate to lose my collection, I know how you must feel... so if you would like a free T boarding house, e-me. It's not like they're a bunch of screaming 10-year-olds!!!

terridumonte@netscape.net

And, if I can't help in that way... my thoughts and prayers are with you and your situation. I hope it improves.

As far as keeping one T, perhaps you should keep the one that is the most costly to replace. Then you won't have to spend so much when you get back on your feet and start collecting again. There WILL be a bright side.:D

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Gillian,
I'm T sitting for 2 other people right now, and if you could afford to ship them, I'd sit for you too...
If you need the money, then I'd say from your list, I'd also keep the G pulchra.
It's worth money, it's beautiful, it's docile, and a great display T in it's velvety fuzzy gorgeousness...

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can relate Gillian as I had to make the same decision recently (yesterday) & downsized my collection due to "family reasons."

The advice that phoenixxavierre gave is sound as that is what I did to finalize the decision in my mind. I did pack them up & looked at the empty spaces & containers & that helped me to come to a decision.

It would be nice if you could take MizM up on the offer. :)

Sending positive vibes & know that everyone here is rooting for you. :)

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Ya know, there are some damn good people on this website... it's cool to see everyone pulling for each other!

And my offer stands! If ya need me, I'm here!

PrincessToad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by MizM
:( So sorry Gillian... I hope things look up for you. I am in California and would be more than happy to babysit your Ts, at no charge, until you can retrieve them. Seriously, I would hate to lose my collection, I know how you must feel... so if you would like a free T boarding house, e-me. It's not like they're a bunch of screaming 10-year-olds!!!
MizM - you beat me to it. :D

I offer the same thing. I would be happy to be a stepping stone until you were at a place where you could have your T's back, plus you could come visit them on a regular basis. I have had the same thing happen and it can be heart wrenching. I know I am fairly new on this board, but love my T's very much. If MizM isn't an option let me know, I live in Albuquerque.
Goodluck
Erin
email: spiders@butter.toast.net

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
You guys are in the same city... COOL! Now Gillian can KEEP his Ts! Yay! Between you and me he's got options!!

Hey, does anyone want to start a cricket fund? I'll pitch in!:D

Gillian... PLEASE let us know how this all comes out. I want to hear a happy ending, for you and your Ts!

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
G. pulchra. Hope everything works out for you.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Every time I mention gender around here, I get it WRONG!! You think I could at least guess the sex of HUMANS even if I can't get my Ts right!:D

Sorry Jilly, I'll still babysit your Ts and I promise I won't call you a "he" anymore!!!!!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
we'll help you replenish your T's later on!!!!

Sorry to hear about that.. must be a big blow (or slap to the face after all the sleepless nights and money and crickets and time and energy and internet-time and.... damnit!)

but i'd say the pulchra or the parahybana.

As much as I'm going to get yelled at by people here, I'd say you should donate your T's to a local zoo or reptile sanctuary. At least other people will be learning to love (or at least tolerate) T's due to your bad position in life right now..

sorry again. i know it doesn't mean much, but we stand by you...

plus i'm sure i'm not the only one who will help replenish your supply (free of charge of course) when you get in a better place, right? They'll be slings of course,but it's starting somewhere..

just keep focusing on the big picture/the future...

life's funny sometimes. just go with it =D

peace
dave

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
First off..:) Thank you for all the helps in narrowing things down..
especially, thank you for the kind offers of fostering ...
Why do I need to get rid of nearly all my t's?
Well..my parent's house will be housing 3 adults, and 2 kids..
without pets, its going to be VERY crowded..
however, I begged, and pleaded, and promised they'd never see my (as my mom calls them) creepy, f----ng pets.
they will be staying in a room off the garage, with the exception of the chaco slings, which will be in the house..

I showed her why, them being so tiny and all..

MizM..don't worry..most people, when talking to me on the phone, especially in the morning call me sir, or refer to me as the man of the house...=D

I'm sticking with my pulchra, as the additional one. Fresh off of a molt..WOW!

Thank you for the kind offer of slings..my collection will be back where it was...just not sure when..

I'll know by the end of the week how things will shape out on getting the t's new homes..(1 person is in line already). I really want them to go to people here. Tarantulas, like snakes, are the frequent sufferers of "impulse" buying. I know that people here will give them good homes, and appreciate them for the beautiful creatures they are..

Peace,
Gillian
)o(

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice with the pulchra! when can we see some pics of the freshlymolted baby? :)

youcould always donate them to scientists or reptile houses :)
and i can take some off of your hands and foster them if you want..

but good luck with the transfer!
peace
dave