what would you do?

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got this great t at a show and under two days in learned a new trick, how to play dead, I need some advice or suggestions on what to do, the person said that they would replace it, by their own choice, saying he would ship on a monday, tuesday my wife stayed home, nothing, weds I stayed home, nothing, now a day short and a used vacation day in the paycheck, wife doesnt get paid time off, I have yet to hear from him, bumming my son out totally, he spent a few hours setting up the new cage(between spongebob cartoons) I have sent umpteen e-mails to him with no responce, he actually stated in a different thread that he was going to e-mail me to fix the problem, now, my question is, what would you do?

Attachments

x101

Arachnopeon
get a phone number and give him a call. You need to talk to him personally in my opinion. Some people are really bad about promising things, but then not coming through. You have to threaten them before they do anything...

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not sure if this is the same dealer, but if it is, give him a call. From what I understand, he does not repond to e-mails very well but is easy to make contact with by phone.

Botar

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, I can tell you from what I've read in the two thread in question, I'll never order anything from him!!! Sounds like he's to busy to run his spider business. IMO ( With all due respect )

E

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Mark,

Call him. He'll get off his ass and do right by you. It's no excuse, but he does get busy. If you're unhappy with the service, don't order from him again, but make sure that he makes good on his offer. If he doesn't, let me know.....

Scott

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
He is not the most convenient of people to deal with because he is quite busy, this is why he is no longer doing individual sales with rare exceptions, preferring to do shows and distributor sized sales. He has made some mistakes with me, but assuming I get the package I'm supposed to on Tuesday, I will be more than pleased. At the moment, I have zero reason to believe I won't be getting it, either.

I would definitely give him a call, he is there every single week day after school hours until about 7PM and most of the day on Saturday. They have multiple lines and I've never had a problem getting ahold of him by phone. I can fault him for not always executing things exactly right, I can fault him for not always remembering to do everything he says, but I cannot fault him for being genuine about wanting to do a good job and make good on his deals. That much has never seemed fake to me.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just a quick followup: The replacement shipment on my part was received today with everything exactly right and looking good.

r_cafin

Arachnopeon
First fo all sorry about your t loss..second thats a big spider! how big was it? what was the guys name cause if he dont do his part i dont wanna order from him cause thats not fair to you or your kid and he needs to correct this problem soon....Ryan

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by r_cafin
what was the guys name cause if he dont do his part i dont wanna order from him cause thats not fair to you or your kid and he needs to correct this problem soon....Ryan
If you don't know who his name is, it's probably a moot point. He is no longer taking new customers for individual sales and trying to deal almost exclusively with wholesale and distributor level sales. There are other threads here on these boards that deal with this issue where the name is mentioned, if you're really dying to know you can search for them.