What were the biggest T's that ever lived?

jeryst

Arachnopeon
I've seen a lot of information about large insects in prehistoric times. Dragon files with wingspans of several feet, etc.

So it got me wondering about how big the biggest spider ever was. Is there anything in the fossil record?

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I've seen a lot of information about large insects in prehistoric times. Dragon files with wingspans of several feet, etc.

So it got me wondering about how big the biggest spider ever was. Is there anything in the fossil record?
The very few found in fossils are about the same size as today.

Ashphetamine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I believe the biggest trouble scientists run into when looking for our prehistoric bug buddies is the fact that they dont actually have bones
the large majority of bug "fossils" found are in fossilized tree sap-- and bugs that are several feet big, probably didnt get lucky enough to be covered in several feet of sap.
:p Not a scientist- just an educated guess.

have you by chance checked with Guiness Book?

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The very few found in fossils are about the same size as today.
Fossil spiders are more common than you might think - my wife has several in her collection. But you're right, they are about the same size as modern ones.

Lorum

Arachnosquire
Fossil spiders are more common than you might think - my wife has several in her collection. But you're right, they are about the same size as modern ones.
I would love to see pictures, if you could upload some.;)