what was your first T?

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
4 Grammostola pulchra: Phantom(M), Midnight(M), Shadow(F), and Eclipse(F). Got them Dec 09 at about 1" each; they are now over 3".

GregorSamsa

Arachnosquire
Matilda my A. Hentzi, who just returned from a week long holiday in my living room (I thought Id never see her alive again)

OrdoMallus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My first was a Avic Avic female approx 4" when I got her. About a month later I picked up P. regalis, P. irminia, L. difficilis, and H. Lividum at the next local reptile show. Kinda jumped in quickly lol.

Edit: Never did figure out if it is a true A. Avic or not. tried to stay away from the genus until I look into it alot more and try to get a better handle on the iding of it.

MS6582

Arachnopeon
Never got an ID of my first T, didn't have him long enough and never even asked what it was but....

My first T I found on Palomar Mtn in San Diego, it was running accross the road while I was taking photos on the motorcycle riders, I heard a car coming so I ran out and kinda kicked it out of the road (I was scared as hell when I saw it and had no idea how venomous T's were) I put him in a water bottle got him home, looked him over to make sure he was fine from the kick and since he was active I figured he was fine. In doing research on care I figured out it was a MM, I posted on the forum, found a local breeder of this local species so I took the MM to him. Just weeks later I now have 4 T's lol

jimip

Arachnosquire
i had a G.rosea named him creeper.... tried to eat my hand when it came even near the tank... still picked up more though. i miss him

Gnat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
about 12 years ago i walked into a LPS and they had a few tarantulas for sale. i knew absolutely nothing about them and was also a bit arachnophobic. after a short talk with the guy working there i picked up what i believe to have been a T. blondi at about 5 inches, he called it a 'Javan bird eater'. i kept it in a medium KK on very thin wood chip substrate with no hide and a small water bowl. it scared the hell out of me and at the time i didnt have the internet and didnt research what i had and after about 5 monthes it died on me. i didnt get another T until Oct. 09

JuGGaL0K0W

Arachnopeon
G. Rosea... charlotte is her name.... most active of all my t's, everday her enclosure is different, burrows like there is no tomorrow...

Gerbil1987

Arachnopeon
Lasiodora klugi - Toby, but very quickly followed by
Grammostola rosea - Juan
Brachypelma albopilosum - Baxter
Avicularia avicularia/Avicularia metallica - Tank
Nhandu Chromatus - Jasper

Juan is still by far the most awesome T though, he is like the Jack Johnson of T's. Nothing could possibly piss him off.

Juan just molted yesterday, Toby is in pre-molt. :D

ErinKelley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My first T's were 2 King Baboon slings. Is the species name still C. crawshayi? Anyways, they both ended up being males and matured when they were still pretty small! I'd guess 4in DLS, maybe a little more.

After that my next slings were 1 B. emilia and 2 B. smithi. The 2 girls I got from that group are still with me.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My first T was a 4.25" female Eupalaestrus campestratus "Pink Zebra Beauty."

I still have her, and she's 5.5" currently. :D

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Heh, my first was two Phlogius sp. "pq113" slings . . . . yeah, I never have done anything normally - - why would I start now? :D

losct2381

Arachnosquire
as a kid my father had lots of bugs in the house he was an entomologist. his fav where always the t's i loved them too. but my dad passed when i was about 13 and then i discovered women lol. now 20 years later im collecting t's. so i have to say one of my first was a brazilian black and white. they where rare back then and had another name i cant remember but my mom seen one that i have now and says thats it she is a ret ento also. no wonder that is one of if not my fav t