What was your first species of tarantula you've bred?

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
To all the awesome breeders on here new and old, what was the first tarantula you've ever bred, was it successful and what made you want to breed that specific one?

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens, successful so far (first Instar) and I chose them because the male I've had since 1 inch hooked out and I happened to have access to a female :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
A lot of time ago, before the ban of arachnids happened in Italy. I was still in my 20 :angelic:

C.cyaneopubescens, and went bad, at least two good soldiers munched by that lady :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
A large B. vagans. Many years ago. I thought it would be good as a first. It was successful but I didnt expect just short of 370 eggs :shifty:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I put it here cause it's a question. Is there really that much harm in it being here?
yes, its not a serious question. i watch this forum for those, not for happy fun little threads about personal experiences. perhaps read the rules for what threads go where.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Lasiodora/nhandu/brachypelma albo and A. genic

Anything that gives large sacs and has already saturated the market
But the market is never satured by those lovely itchy fluffy, beginners best choice awarded :kiss:

Here in Italy during the arachnid ban however a Lasiodora parahybana was just like water for a Sahel village :pompous:

Ah... I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Armored Acanthoscurria geniculata attacking crickets like there's no tomorrow. I watched Nhandu chromatus hairs glitter in the dark near the Brachypelma albopilosum pet rock gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like Hillary Clinton mails in rain... Time to breed.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
But the market is never satured by those lovely itchy fluffy, beginners best choice awarded :kiss:

Here in Italy during the arachnid ban however a Lasiodora parahybana was just like water for a Sahel village :pompous:

Ah... I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Acanthoscurria geniculata attacking crickets like there's no tomorrow. I watched Nhandu chromatus hairs glitter in the dark near the Brachypelma albopilosum pet rock gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like Hillary Clinton mails in rain... Time to breed.
They are everywhere over here and breeders giving them away as multiple freebies and competitions :mask:.

They get a nope from me. Although, I am only say this from what I see here UK.

No point in breeding what nobody wants as they already have 15 or so :rofl:

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I'm hoping to breed P. megadeth soon. To be honest, it seems like a cheap knockoff of P. metallica, but maybe someone would want slings of it.