What type of scorp and how much is it worth?

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a guy willing to sell me some scorps. He said they are WC and he lives in Guthrie, OK, just north of Oklahoma City. He is sending photos tonight. Can any one give me an idea of what species they are and what they might be worth.
I'll post the photos when i get them.
Thanks for any help,
~Samuel

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah I was gonna say the same thing.. and for price Im not sure but I have heard of them being as little as $3 each.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a guy willing to sell me some scorps. He said they are WC and he lives in Guthrie, OK, just north of Oklahoma City. He is sending photos tonight. Can any one give me an idea of what species they are and what they might be worth.
I'll post the photos when i get them.
Thanks for any help,
~Samuel
Yes, they will be C. vittatus. They are all over the centeral U.S. and even up here in the middle of Missouri. They are very thick and very common.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So does that mean its worth it to try buying some from him for resale?
It would seem to be a case of supply and demand. Do you have 'striped bark scorpions' in E PA? If not the demand might warrant your purchase and breeding of them.

Cheers Thaedion

<edit> call around and ask pet stores if they have any and/or would be interested in purchasing some. This might give you an idea about relative worth.

Last edited:

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So does that mean its worth it to try buying some from him for resale?
Probaly not... they're too common for that... anyone with some sort of network on this forum can PM one of the many people who have them native for a few. I wouldnt want to see u waste money... personally i'd pay no mopre that 8 from whoever you get them from.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I guess you could buy them for $3 and sell for $6. Double your $$ but still not going to pay for food, shipping etc.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey,
Thanks for all the replys. I'll call arond and see. Do you think people on here would pay $8 each?
Thanks,
~Samuel

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Think i could get $6 each? If not then i'll not try buying them but if you think i could then i might offer the guy $25 or somthing like that for 10 and try selling them.