What type of Praying Mantis is this? What does it eat?

fred1234

Arachnopeon
I found this praying mantis in my garden on a basil plant.
I'm trying to figure out what type it is, and what food it eats because I want to keep it for a while before putting it back in the garden.
Any help?
I live in Lebanon, Mediterranean coast at 350m of altitude.
Thank you!:)

Attachments

basin79

ArachnoGod
Not a clue what species it is but it'll eat anything it can over power. Crickets, meal worms, wax worms, moths, butterflies (although it seems a waste as they don't eat the wings in my experience) etc etc.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I have no clue what species, maybe @Toxoderidae knows.
How long it can go without food depends on the species and how well it is fed, but a week would not be a problem. If you're having trouble finding food however, I would release it back to the wild so it can hunt for itself.

fred1234

Arachnopeon
I have no clue what species, maybe @Toxoderidae knows.
How long it can go without food depends on the species and how well it is fed, but a week would not be a problem. If you're having trouble finding food however, I would release it back to the wild so it can hunt for itself.
Got it :D
I'm keeping it in a jar (with holes) for a while. Does the mantis feel stressed if it is kept in a jar?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Anything you're keeping it in should be three times the height of the mantis tall, and two times the height of the mantis wide. Make sure it has ventilation, some mesh screen for example on top. Glass jar would nor be my first choice. Make sure ahe has sticks or screen to climb and molt. Spray the enclosure two or three times a week, but this is general care, your species may need more or less.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Anything you're keeping it in should be three times the height of the mantis tall, and two times the height of the mantis wide. Make sure it has ventilation, some mesh screen for example on top. Glass jar would nor be my first choice. Make sure ahe has sticks or screen to climb and molt. Spray the enclosure two or three times a week, but this is general care, your species may need more or less.
My mantids drink almost daily.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Honestly, I'm not sure what species I'm looking at. It almost looks like a rhombodera nymph, but those aren't native to your area.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Honestly, I'm not sure what species I'm looking at. It almost looks like a rhombodera nymph, but those aren't native to your area.
that was my first guess as well. could it be they're introduced in Lebanon? Like T.sinensis in the US?