What type of coco fiber is best?

africanmilli

Arachnopeon
I am going to be getting some coco fiber for my AGM's tank and was wondering what type is best to get? My local pet store does not have it so I have to go to our garden supply store and they sell different types of it. Which one should I get?

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well its hard to give you an answer when you dont tell us what kinds there offering. Any expandable brick coco fiber should be fine

africanmilli

Arachnopeon
well I know of two kinds that they sell. One is in a bag and the other looks like a door mat(it's a flat sheet).

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I also use the brick type, I don't stick with any particular brand. I have used eco-earth, bed-a-beast, etc.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
well I know of two kinds that they sell. One is in a bag and the other looks like a door mat(it's a flat sheet).
The flat sheet, if its what I'm thinking is not to be used as a substrate but rather as backing for your enclosure (I've mainly seen sold to be used it hermit crab tanks for them to climb on). The stuff in the bags should be fine but if you can find the bricks, it cheaper per unit of volume.

Its odd your petshop does not carry it. It is also referred to as coir or coconut coir (or even as cocopeat). Good luck on finding it.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I am going to be getting some coco fiber for my AGM's tank and was wondering what type is best to get? My local pet store does not have it so I have to go to our garden supply store and they sell different types of it. Which one should I get?
rotten hard wood and leaves on peat is the best coco fiber lol

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i find bed-a-beast swells up with water quicker when your preparing it for the enclosure

dthbhk

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it's all pretty much the same

I use both brands that are availiable here one's echo and the other is
Flukers