What Ts to use? (Art based)

Katronmaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I hope I have the right thread, this was as close as I could think of.

Anyway, I'm starting on a surreal tarantula art series, and need species suggestions.

Thus far-
P. Metallica (Complete)
G. Aureostiata
G. Pulchra
P. Irminia

Are all definites, but I need about three more of interesting color. I considered one of the Avics, but I'm not sure what. Basically, throw your ideas at me. All I ask are please no plain brown tarantulas. I already have the P. Metallica complete.

Thanks a bundle!

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Avicularia versicolor
Pamphobeteus platyomma male - gorgeous pink colouring!
Xenesthis immanis
Brachypelma smithi

Gorgeous colouring on all of them :D

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Also, it's not a T. But a black widow would look good! From the underside, showing the red hourglass shape...

Now racks brain for scientific name.... Lactrodectus...er... mactans? I think..

Katronmaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
X. Immanis Has been added to the offical list. Wow, those are utterly stunning!

I already have plans for the black widow, just not in this series. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Oh! And if anyone wants to see the P. Metallica
Click Here

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What about one of the Gold Phormictopus sp. Thats a pretty crazy colour to see on a spider.

As for Poecs, P. miranda or subfusca, Contrasting colours on leggy spiders

edit seeing the widow recommendations, why not L. tredicimguttatus or L. menavodi?

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
C. cyaneopubescens or GBB (great colours), B. emilia (triangle pattern), oh and the B. smithi (the classic)

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yeah C. fimbriatus are gorgeous T's.

Erm... trying to think of something else.....

Haplopelma lividum? Or Haplopelma albostriatum. Personally, i love the "shape" of Haplopelma's.

Monocentropus balfouri are nice to look at aswell. Blue, black and cream...

Poecilotheria subfusca are the best coloured pokies imo

Here is a pic of my female H. albostriatum. The colours on her, i think, are strikin and would look nice in art :D

Also, what about some type of baboon spider? Pterinochilus species have the brilliant abdominal markings.. P. lugardi or even P. murinus RCF... in typical OBT style.. threat posture :p

Last edited:

Parahybana3590

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a 3" juvinile Pamphobeteus nigricolor that has the pink highlights on its carapace and it still has the Christmas tree patterning on its abdomin, it looks pretty sweet.

Katronmaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, thanks guys!

The new list:
P. Metallica
Haplopelma albostriatum (Replaced G. Aureo)
G. Pulchra
P. Murinius
X. Immanis
P. Subfusca

P. Irminia has been dropped.
Just one or two more to go. I'm thinking something Green (possibly GBB), Pink, Or a Black and Orange (Brachy or similar)

Love the idea of the Monocentropus balfouri, that may be a for a future project.

Katronmaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yep! I saw him, I was just concerned he looked too similar to the X Immanis. (From a Non-Tarantula hobbiest standpoint) He's a pretty one, though.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yeah i see what you mean. I prefer the pink on Pampho's to the pink on immanis tho personally.. hehe

I reckon horned baboons would be pretty cool! They're not really colourful likle blue pink or green.. but the browns, greys and creams are beautiful in their own way! With the added bonus of a horn! :D