What Ts have the worst Hairs?

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My T blondies hairs are bad, but she doesn't flick that much and you can see the cloud, but the B boehimi I had was a lot worse and the reason why I got rid of him. They seem to be finer and got everywhere, and he flicked all the time.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
oddly enough, apparently i am only bothered by male hairs

it's hard to keep that to hard facts... but all the spiders that have ended up making me bleed were males

the only spiders i conciously try to avoid at this point are B. smithi males... fiberglass and healing tattoo rolled into one. females don't really bother me.

i was playing with giant WC T. blondi and they made me itch... but not nearly as much as male B. smithi

male A. avic was the first urts i could actually feel... but females don't bother me in the least

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If You knew, often males (adult) and females had different type of the UH... that's described Your experience very well.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
T. blondi. Hands down (and itching{D )... The B. smithi is a real nasty urticatererer, tooooo! :rolleyes:

Toirtis

Arachnobaron
If and when he rings in on this, I am pretty sure Stan Schultz will agree with T. blondi...and I will too...they are uber nasty.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Genera Theraphosa is the worst by a huge difference.

I have experience all kind of UH since I started many years ago, and nothing like Theraphosa.
I will instantly itch with a low sharp pain.This will continue up to 2 weeks.

k2power

Arachnoknight
Do you mostly get irritated when cleaning cages or from actual releases from the spider. I have relatively new L. parahybana, B. smithi and B. emilia. I have seen all kick hairs but haven't had a reaction yet. How do I avoid it. It seems cleaning the cage with gloves is most highly recommended. What else?

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yet another addition to this paleo-post

Theraphosa sp "burgundy" hairs do not cause me any discomfort other than a faint itch. The one that got to me the most was L. klugi, followed in order of itchiness by A. geniculata and B boehmei. It may sound crazy but they bother me less as time passes. I haven't had any trouble in a couple of months. :)

JOHN 3:16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have both Theraphosa blondi, apophysis and spinipes and the worst that I have encountered is the Brachypelma boehmei , who's urticating hairs irratated me for two weeks. I feed my B. boehmei with caution. I have three adult females. Out of 160 tarantulas, they are the only tarantulas I will not handle, period. They are notorious for kicking hair.

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
Has anyone tried to use a waxing strip to remove the hairs? I have had my t blondi flick hairs at my but had no itching I am just assuming that she missed .

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It may sound crazy but they bother me less as time passes. I haven't had any trouble in a couple of months. :)
I'm the complete opposite. Brachypelma bristles never used to bother me up to a couple of years ago. Since then it's gradually gotten worse. I'm now at the stage where I have to cover my arms and wear gloves every time I so much as pop a lid on a Brachy enclosure or I'll be scratching till I bleed! Ive definitely built up a sensitivity over time. I don't seem to experience it with any other genera I own but then, I don't keep any Theraphosa spp.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Worst I have ever been haired was when my male LP decided to kick a fluffy cloud right into my face....

Broke out in hives, itched, wheezed; you name it.

Was REALLY unpleasant.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just had a big feeding day yesterday, and I woke up with one CRAZY itchy hand. It's burning as I type this. I don't have a Theraphosa at this time but I have a few GBBs, a MEAN A geniculata, and a few lps that may have been the culprits. While it hurts a little, it feels SO good to run hot water over an infected spot. I love it. Is that weird? Does anybody else do that?

Nhanduchromatus

Arachnopeon
I have trouble G. rosea hair. L. parahybana are somewhat annoying. Scalding hot water denatures histamine and other itch potentiaters....just don't burn yourself. I have done the hot water thing for about 5 years, for 20 years before that I scratched everything raw....not fun.

Nhanduchromatus

Arachnopeon
I forgot Theraphosa are terrible. I can't go near T. blondi anymore. I had them in the past and they caused me terrible misery.

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Worst Hairs

I have many NW T's, but I as yet haven't had any problems. First of all, I try not to handle my T's (outside of rehousing, the very occasional bolt, etc). Also, I don't have any Theraphosa Sp. T Apophysis is supposed to have the worst hairs, followed by T Blondi. This is the only reason I don't have a Blondi. The size and attitude are one thing, but the hairs are the main reason I don't own any.

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Does anyone have any experience with C. fasciatum hair or know if their hair is bad? I know they're not shy when it comes to kicking hair.

Kamikaze

@baboonmanila
Old Timer
I had a really bad experience from my Acanthuscurria geniculata.
The urticating hairs penetrated my skin and was itching for days.