What to use to house my P. Regalis?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I got my sling and he is so cool, I love him to death. I guess the only drawback is what to put him in? Right now I have him in a large deli cup ( Like the ones you get when you order a large order of soup from a chinese place) which is plenty of room for now but the container is cloudy looking and it makes it hard to see him. What other options can I use to house my sling ( 2 inch)? Thanks, Trey

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
go to a craft store and get one of those cubes.

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
they are clear cubes that either have a lid at the top or middle so the aboreal can have a nest in the top and you can still change the soil and take out cricket parts.. just go to the store you'll find them

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Trey, For an easy way to house a Poke, go to your nearest Dollar Store and get these plastic jars. I even keep adults in the 1 gallon size.

Iggy

Arachnopeon
the jars also come in a half gallon size which works well with smaller ts

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i use these for my arboreals. they are 6x6x12

Warren

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Have you seen the enclosures on tarantulacages.com? They are very nice as well, I bought an arboreal cage from them.

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
aboreal cages

theres a local store here in cali. l.a. area that sells them, unfortunatlly they dont sell online and the maker doesnt sell them online either. bit if you need the address just p.m me
Warren

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I want those cages! They are great, Warren. How much did you pay for them? If it is reasonable, I could kick you a few bucks for doing my bidding, cover shipping, and.... Catch my drift? Those tanks are seriously cool!

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What I did was just decided to flip a small kritter keeper on it's side to make it taller. It's working ok but she decided to burrrow so I don't know?

jeep

Arachnopeon
I used to do that with a KK flipped tall, but small crix can get out thru the holes and there is a larger hole where the handle of the KK is. I would remove the handle to the keeper and plug the hole with something. I used a small piece of cork I cut to plug the 2 holes.

For the bottom of the KK lid, I'd put tape about 1" up to keep any substrate or small crix from coming out. This was mostly on the very small kk.

-darren
acrylic aquarium conversions

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Trey, For an easy way to house a Poke, go to your nearest Dollar Store and get these plastic jars. I even keep adults in the 1 gallon size.

Hey Brian, I didn't see any of these at my dollar store, does the dollar store you bought those at have a particular name? Thanks.