What to put into new 50 gal... hmmm

Remi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I recently found a great deal on a 50 gallon tank at a local thrift store. i was thinking of starting a scorpion colony but i'm also considering getting some kind of reptile or amphibian. maybe bearded dragon or something along those lines. or maybe a few different things that will co exist peacefully. i would love some feedback if anyone has suggestions or a current setup they are very happy with.

and if you have any nice big tank enclosures you want to show off i wouldnt mind a little inspiration. :D

Thanks all!

DavidRS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would divide up the tank into several areas with pieces of glass either hot-glued or aquarium grade silicone glue. I did this with a 10 gallon tank which I divided into 3 sections for 3 Avicularias. They have been housed like this for several years and never had a problem with them getting past the dividers. Silicone glue is best, but I get impatient and use hot-melt glue with excellent results.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:) beardies are cool, i have one is a 55 gallion tank and he has plenty of room to strech his legs! they are very frendly calm and cool lizzards! i would also sugest a colony of something, maybe frogs or anoles, maybe even snakes. I once had a bunch of Garter snakes in a cage before, and they were really cool to watch. there are just so many choices that it's hard to decide for ya, just whatever u really like!

i just got 2 30gal tanks from a guy for $10ea and now I need to put something in them, so im having the same problem trying to figure out what! but i do like the idea of splitting the tank into sections, shouldn't be too hard and that way u can keep many different things {D

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would suggest getting the beardie as I think everyone should have one. But, other suggestions would be one of the dwarf monitors, if it will hold water at least 1/3 to 1/2 way up then aquatic turtles, or maybe a small tortoise.

Good luck,

Art

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Get a uromastyx! They're lots of fun.

A really big tropical set up for dart frogs or something like that would be awesome, but a lot of work.

I have a friend who makes tanks with water on the bottom, but pieces of land almost right on top, make from gluing pieces of plexiglass of different shapes above the water line, so fish and newts can be kept in the bottom and frogs can be kept on top. There are areas where things can get in and out of the water, of course. It looks amaaaazzzziiinnnggg.