What To Get

littebigspider

Arachnopeon
Hello all,

I trying to figure out what to get next. I have a scorp and a T, but I'm looking for something that is more of an active hunter, and who doesn't hide 90% of the time.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a new critter?
It can be any invert, not just restricted to this forum, open to ideas.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what kind of T and scorp do you have? some are far more active than others.. as for other critters I think centipedes can be fun to watch but they bury themselves alot as well.

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My H. carolinensis wolf spider is on display all the time. A bit different than a T and takes big prey. Not too expensive either (spiderpharm.com).

Mantids are always on display, but don't move much. Again, not too expensive.

alkarlosse

Arachnopeon
Consider getting a mantid. Some species are more active than others.

Otherwise, you can catch/buy a true spider, preferrably a wolf spider or a jumping one. These are in general very active.

All these are cheap to get and set up a space for them to live.

cliff

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Latrodectus is a cool display spider. Housed properly you can see them all the time and they are very active hunters. They are one of the coolest spiders around.:cool: Although very venomous they are generally nonagressive and will run and hide if possible. Quick on the web, they are slow and clumsy appearing otherwise.

Cliff :)

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Latrodectus is a cool display spider. Housed properly you can see them all the time and they are very active hunters. They are one of the coolest spiders around.:cool: Although very venomous they are generally nonagressive and will run and hide if possible. Quick on the web, they are slow and clumsy appearing otherwise.

Cliff :)
Widows are awesome. Very venomous but one of the most displayable web-building spiders around. And I observed local L. hesperus that I have caught take crickets without the confines of a web. Jackknifes it's abdomen in the air and shoots sticky glue-like silk at the prey with the assistance of the rear pair of legs.