What to feed rosea sling?

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got a small rosea sling (1/2" or so) as a freebies and I am not sure how or what to feed it. Anyone with experience please let me know!

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I thought Tarantulas don't eat dead prey? I can cut up pieces no problem, but how big should they be? I put a tiny cricket in with it earlier and it ran away as fast as it could!

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I thought Tarantulas don't eat dead prey? I can cut up pieces no problem, but how big should they be? I put a tiny cricket in with it earlier and it ran away as fast as it could!
I give mine small crickets minus the head and rear legs

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
Slings scavenge just fine normally, I take small crickets and prekill them and put them in with my 1/2" A.brocklehursti and they eat just fine. Or cut chunks around the size of the T off for them

losct2381

Arachnosquire
is the abdomen bulged and large because if it is it might be full. or u can be lucky and it might molt soon whats its color. or better do u have pics. of corse it could be other things too like if the substrate is wet its probably not felling to at home. or temp to if its too cool. i love slings and have had so many rosies that i been thru all of this too it will get frustrating put up some pics of ur kids lets see what u got their.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I will take a picture tomorrow and post it. The abdomen is dark brown /black, and the substrate is moist, but not wet. I did just get it yesterday, and I've never raised a sling this size before. The A. Geniculata and B. Vagan I got at the same time are both eating :)

losct2381

Arachnosquire
hmm glet that substrate dry and if the abdomen is getting darker over time ding ding upcoming molt temp for it should be no lower than 78 no higher that 88 thats how i keep myne the number 88 is just my pref u can prob go as high as 95 but remember theris a thing line between happy t and cooked t

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You keep your substrate for slings under 1"? I have mine somewhat moist because it's too small for a water dish and I don't want it to dessicate.