What to feed crickets?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, I know this isn't the right forum but I didn't know exactly which one to post it in so I thought I would do it here. Im tired of these dang crickets dying ( without being eaten ) on me so I was wondering how to keep them alive? What do you guys feed your crickets and how do you breed them? ( keeping my fingers crossed on a potential sac and need some pinheads ;) )

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok, I know this isn't the right forum but I didn't know exactly which one to post it in so I thought I would do it here. Im tired of these dang crickets dying ( without being eaten ) on me so I was wondering how to keep them alive? What do you guys feed your crickets and how do you breed them? ( keeping my fingers crossed on a potential sac and need some pinheads ;) )
keep them in a 10 gal. aquarium. feed them a high protein chicken feed. give them water crystals for hydration. give them lots of egg crates to hide/live in and give them a smale pile of moist dirt and they will lay the eggs. keep them warm too.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
get some cricket food from flukerfarm.com, that way you won't have to feed or water them. It's all in the gel cubes.

BGBYTOY

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
get some cricket food from flukerfarm.com, that way you won't have to feed or water them. It's all in the gel cubes.
I agree.. And my cricks live until I feed them to the "T's" But I do feed water Gel along with the food gel..

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just throw in slices of any fruits. it provides food, and the water from it. bananas worked good for me, but the devils cover themselves in it, and you can't grab em. :p

ironmonkey78

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
little pieces of fresh fruit should be fine just dontleave it in there for a long time. they do better when its fresh.

rice_smuggler

Arachnopeon
I feed crushed dog food (free range, but that likely makes no difference) and fresh produce - apples, carrots, banana, potato, lettuce or whatever's lying around. Fresh water is also available at all times.

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
sliced up and washed baby carrots have always worked well for me :) Carrots are pretty neutral (that is they arn't very acidic). And i guess they make the crickets taste good because my Ts just gobble them up!

James H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I use a mix of Tropical Fish flakes like tetramin or tetracolor, mixed with fluker powdered cricket food and Nature Zone Total Bites for Feeder Insects, it give them more food and water both. I figure the more vitamins from different food types the better the crickets will be.

prey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Commercial cricket and roach feed will grow and maintain a breeding level of crickets with phenomenal results of longevity, lasts forever, and they typically sell the water polymer crystals, as well. It's usually supplemented with enough calcium as to be suitable for herps. Not too much for T's, and millipedes positivey thrive on it and fruit. I mush cricket feed into handfulls of mixed fruit & veggies and freeze boo-coo individual portions. I got my cricket/roach feed from Botar with an order. A pound lasted me months.