what to do?

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
as some of you know, my leopard gecko, "rukia" is dying, and its at the point where theres really nothing to do about it. this morning i noticed she was on her back, and wasnt moving, so i gently moved her to see if she was alive. she twitched and look like she was in pain. so, i was wondering, should i put her down? how would i do that? freeze her like a tarantula?

also, i dont know what was wrong with her, but im think it was parasites, since she has the symptoms her cage mate, "ichigo" had before he died. but i dont know for sure. most of the supplies i used were in the cage with both leos, and after the first one died i used salt to disinfect them (i dont have any bleach around the house.) they include stackable rocks, a rock cave, (the kind that sits up against the glass so you can view the lizards, the ones that you see in the petco cages), a water well, and thats about every thing i dont want to throw away.
so, how can i kill what ever the leos had? or should i just get rid of everything and start over? i'd like to keep the cage though.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You should take her to the VET!
i already got an opinion from a vet, and he said that she'll probably die either way, because of how long she's been sick. im not saying that i dont want to take her to a vet, but if you saw the gecko now you would probably say the same thing, her legs are pretty much just bones with alittle skin streched over them, and she looks worse and worse every time i look at her. i just dont want her to suffer anymore.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bleach. It is pretty much the kill all of ANY microbes on the planet. Salt probably just lightly seasoned them. Just add 12 oz of household bleach to an empty gallon jug and fill it with water. Wash everything from the tank that you want to save and let it air dry.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bleach. It is pretty much the kill all of ANY microbes on the planet. Salt probably just lightly seasoned them. Just add 12 oz of household bleach to an empty gallon jug and fill it with water. Wash everything from the tank that you want to save and let it air dry.
thanks. should i wait a few days before using the tank? rinse it with water again afterwards, etc?

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i would freeze it.
:eek:
sorry to hear about your loss.
have you thought of getting something else?..maybe leo's are just to difficult for you at this point.
if i were in your shoes i would get something native.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks. should i wait a few days before using the tank? rinse it with water again afterwards, etc?
Bleach evaporates pretty quickly. Once its is dry, everything should be alright for use again. Anything like wood or anything porous, I would soak over night and then let dry thoroughly.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i would freeze it.
:eek:
sorry to hear about your loss.
have you thought of getting something else?..maybe leo's are just to difficult for you at this point.
if i were in your shoes i would get something native.
thanks for the advice.
acually, most of the native species are difficult for me. i have bad luck with them. i hate to say it, but i blame myself for this. i dont know if you read the other thread i put up, but i was stupid enough to put a petco stock leo in with a breeder stock gecko, with almost no quarentine time. im learning from my mistake, and im thinking of getting two more, this time from a good breeder. the one im looking at is hypo, the other is super hypo.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bleach evaporates pretty quickly. Once its is dry, everything should be alright for use again. Anything like wood or anything porous, I would soak over night and then let dry thoroughly.
ok. thanks again for the help.

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks for the advice.
acually, most of the native species are difficult for me. i have bad luck with them. i hate to say it, but i blame myself for this. i dont know if you read the other thread i put up, but i was stupid enough to put a petco stock leo in with a breeder stock gecko, with almost no quarentine time. im learning from my mistake, and im thinking of getting two more, this time from a good breeder. the one im looking at is hypo, the other is super hypo.
well.i wish you the best of luck.
you have a good heart.