What to do with moults?

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Having kept Tarantulas for over 30 years I have done many things with moults. Obviously the first thing is to help sex and check for the sucking stomach in tact. Always rule #1
I have also kept many tub full of moults that I use for "Creepy Crawly" roadshow purposes, or for people to amaze their friends by laying them out on their hands so it looks like they are holding a real tarantula. Something I would never intentionally do with a live Tarantula.
Then there have been times to show growth rate progress but with a collection bordering on 250+ I have often lost track of which moult belongs to who....ha ha

just wanted to share a couple of other things I have done.

1. Mounted moult in picture frame of my favourite girl
2. Sling moults in craft bottles - to preserve those "1st moult moments" many of which are from own breeding so some nice sentimental value to them 😊
20211026_150626.jpg
20211026_144706.jpg
Be good to hear from others any other creative ideas 😊

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron

Just documenting growth progress for my son's B. hamorii, makes him feel even more attached to his little girl. The other molts are just parked in the frame because I had no other place for them. I usually prepare and pin every molt I get, to practice my technique.

The Spider House

Arachnobaron

Just documenting growth progress for my son's B. hamorii, makes him feel even more attached to his little girl. The other molts are just parked in the frame because I had no other place for them. I usually prepare and pin every molt I get, to practice my technique.
They look great. Fantastic way to keep your son engaged and invested as they can take a long time to see some big growth spurts.... especially Brachypelma like you say ha ha

Love it. 😊

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
How much do those little bottles and cork cost to make?
The bottles and corks were about £6 (GBP) for 20 off a well known selling site that sounds like salmonrun 🤣
They came with the hooks already in the Cork too. Different sizes available for larger moults.
If a tiny scroll of the species information was also included that would be a great gift idea maybe?

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I usually give them to my family or friends, it awakes their curiosity about them, most of them they even don't know that they shed their old exoskeleton, so when I show them the legs between my hands... 🤣🤣🤣

Priceless

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Do a smoothie, give it to you most hated person.

Wait

I was gonna suggest crumbling up into somebody's underwear drawer, and I thought "Nah, too evil." You made my idea pale in comparison.

I like the shadowbox approach as shown above. I'd thought about it my self, in fact.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Rub the molts on local port-a-potty toilet paper rolls. Keeps the tweekers and bums out of the neighborhood. Ain’t no normal citizens taking a crap in those things anyways.

Marlana

Arachnoknight
I’m boring and only keep a special few. Most I just toss after sexing. But I’m not creative at all so it’s no wonder lol 😂

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
I’m boring and only keep a special few. Most I just toss after sexing. But I’m not creative at all so it’s no wonder lol 😂
I just have a moult bin (tub), that's where my creativity ends :embarrassed::lol:
Also why my enclosures look functional and not as aesthetically pleasing as some of the ones I've been amazed by

Marlana

Arachnoknight
I just have a moult bin (tub), that's where my creativity ends :embarrassed::lol:
Also why my enclosures look functional and not as aesthetically pleasing as some of the ones I've been amazed by
Im the same way. My enclosures aren’t elaborate. Every time I try something more creative it ends up looking worse than my simple enclosures lol 😂

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I toss mine, they kinda freak me out the few times I have left them on the desk or on top of an enclosure. Nothing like the brief second or two to realize I don’t have an escapee.