what to do with leopard gecko eggs

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
hey any advice here would be greatly appreciated. a customer gave us a leopard gecko, which dropped two eggs at about noon today. what can i do with these to get them to hatch, if its not already too late?

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Leopard geckoes are super easy to breed and raise. The way I do it is to fill a 16-oz delic cup half full with BARELY moist vermiculite (if it's too moist, the eggs can rupture). A couple of small holes in the lid or sides will do for ventilation. Bury the eggs in the verm so that just the top side is exposed. Try to keep the eggs the same side up while moving them. I put the cup in an incubator set at about 84-85f, but if you don't have an icubator, find a reasonably warm area. Maybe even inside the adult's cage! I've heard of people setting the incubation containers on top of refrigerators or TV's.

They will hatch within a wide range, from around 80 to somewhat above 90, but sex ratios vary. At the low end, you get more females and at the high end you get more males. I usually shoot for the middle to get a mix.

It takes about two months to hatch. Check the moisture level periodically and add water if needed, but if you can feel moisture at all, it's probably good enough.

Good luck,

Wade

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
yeah thats what i got going on right now. they are in the t room in that exact setup you mentioned. the cool part is that the male was an albino, the female normal phase. so i think theres a possibility of some cool looking geckos hatching out of there.