What to do with a big mean doodoo head spider

Soupbone

Arachnopeon
Give it less food/heat? Train it? Or do you just enjoy the bitey beauty stance it makes when it gets a wif of you? Fyi it is a mellow breed.. Should be, could be.. But no!

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Give it less food/heat? Train it? Or do you just enjoy the bitey beauty stance it makes when it gets a wif of you? Fyi it is a mellow breed.. Should be, could be.. But no!
I think you should attempt to "train it". You better get a clicker and a bunch of crickets sooner rather than later! Otherwise you might end up with an unruly tarantula and you don´t want that :eek:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
You know this isn't a dog, right?

There are no breeds of spiders, and you can't train them. Nor are they "a-holes", they're just defending the clump of dirt that is their home.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
No spiders fit that category, but some spider owners do. They're used to being eaten alive by predators; you're just another intruder and shouldn't expect a different response from them.

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
That's a case in point as to why one should never look to you tube in an attempt to learn something.

I have a box of rocks that has something in common with that owner (IQ)

I gave it a "funny" rating, only because I do not have access to the face palm.:meh:

Bread

Arachnopeon
That's a case in point as to why one should never look to you tube in an attempt to learn something.

I gave it a "funny" rating, only because I do not have access to the face palm.:meh:
take a look at the date it was posted :)

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Mind numbing........
Even my wife who basically knows nothing about T's (except how to give all mine girl names) knows you cant train a spider <edit>

Last edited by a moderator:

BobBarley

Arachnoprince

It was an April fool's joke. The guy actually has a really respectable t collection.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
hahaha. @Bread I see what they had to have done there. The audio quality seems like a voice over on video as well. Happened to catch video of them moving away from the water dish and made a video voice over is what it looks like. Decent april fools prank, but they should've added the disclaimer at the end so they didn't appear foolish to those unfamiliar with them. I've seen a couple of their videos they don't seem to bad honestly.

Bread

Arachnopeon
If you look at the smithi, hes dropping water from a pipper behind the spider to create a vibration I think (see wet patch)
It was an April fools thing he posted :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You have violated the Terms of Service of this forum w/your thread's title using character's to substitute for cursing. This is a family friendly forum.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You give it what it needs (hides, deep substrate, depending on what species it is), keep your distance to not get bit and give it the space and respect it deserves.

Also, a fat T is a happy and lazy T.

Do you have any pictures of the enclosure to share, what are the temperatures it is kept in? What's the feeding schedule like?

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
less food? why? if it is hungry feed it. Not feeding it in an effort to discourage natural behavior is, well, ridiculous. Inverts do not have the necessary higher brain function to distinguish between punishment from a keeper or just a lack of food availability. o_O. Mellow breed? Is there really any such thing as a mellow "breed". Not really. There are SPECIES that are more likely to tolerate us, but even the most tolerant species is apt to turn into a feisty fighter ready to attempt to invenomate you so you will leave them alone.

as an added thought: there are no breeds in the invert world. There are species. Most of us attempt, and encourage, no interbreeding between species. :)

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
You guys know this is a troll post, yeah? :meh:
I tend to think you are right, but in the OFF chance that it isn't and this is simply an inexperienced person then hopefully we can correct the misinformation in a friendly way that will foster a thirst for knowledge. ;)