What to do when in premolt?

Stugy

Arachnolord
Well I've had this Parabuthus schlecteri for a while now and she(?) has looked the same ever since I got her. But now she is starting to exhibit premolt behaviors so I would like to know what should I do at this time. I know that I should not mess with her but should I give her some kind of vertical object she can molt from? Should I bring up the humidity slightly? Probably going to be my first scorpion molt so I would like to know what to do. I will post pictures if requested.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I believe that species is more ground based than bark. As long as you have a hide or it has a burrow to molt in, no extra objects should be needed ;) You may want to bump up the humidity (a little bit), but take my advice with a grain of salt, never owned any desert species. Hear they are more difficult to molt properly, but I could be wrong. Sounds like you have the right setup, all you need to do is wait :D

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's a terrestrial species, so you don't have to worry about any vertical surfaces. Just make sure it has a couple places it can hide out while molting and bump up the humidity slightly and it should be fine.

Stugy

Arachnolord
Thanks. I have already brought the humidity up a little. Such a fun species to have even though I almost never see it out and the one time it did eat, it was when I was asleep. lol

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Thanks. I have already brought the humidity up a little. Such a fun species to have even though I almost never see it out and the one time it did eat, it was when I was asleep. lol
That will change once it gets bigger. Most Brachypelma spp burrow/hide when small and start to be out more when bigger :)

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Just got into Parabuthus sp. (maximus), trio from gromgrom, took lat nymphs twice. I feed late in the PM, always exciting!
Since these are scorplings, I'm keeping the humidity level slightly higher for the next molt or two. With a tiny piece cork in their condiment cup, leaves no room for a water cup. 2 are most often seen on top of the cork w/h outstretched palps, as if praying for food to be dropped from the heavens. Lol!

@Andrea82, post a photo of the Brachypelma spp. scorpion. :astonished:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Just got into Parabuthus sp. (maximus), trio from gromgrom, took lat nymphs twice. I feed late in the PM, always exciting!
Since these are scorplings, I'm keeping the humidity level slightly higher for the next molt or two. With a tiny piece cork in their condiment cup, leaves no room for a water cup. 2 are most often seen on top of the cork w/h outstretched palps, as if praying for food to be dropped from the heavens. Lol!

@Andrea82, post a photo of the Brachypelma spp. scorpion. :astonished:
Oh.my.god.
Seriously brains, what the hell...:D

I respond to 'new posts' which includes new posts of other subforums....
But still...what the hell?? :bucktooth::bucktooth:
It was also 7 in the morning without cafeine...

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Oh.my.god.
Seriously brains, what the hell...:D

I respond to 'new posts' which includes new posts of other subforums....
But still...what the hell?? :bucktooth::bucktooth:
It was also 7 in the morning without cafeine...
Caffeine is bad for you. I have never drank even a single cup of coffee at any point in my life and I have no desire to start! ;)

@Stugy Do what others have said and patiently wait it out. That's about all you can really do.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Caffeine is bad for you. I have never drank even a single cup of coffee at any point in my life and I have no desire to start! ;)

@Stugy Do what others have said and patiently wait it out. That's about all you can really do.
I wasn't a big intaker of it, and i quitted it completely the last few days since the smell/taste of coffee triggers nicotine cravings, which is bad since i've quit smoking three weeks ago and don't want a relapse.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I wasn't a big intaker of it, and i quitted it completely the last few days since the smell/taste of coffee triggers nicotine cravings, which is bad since i've quit smoking three weeks ago and don't want a relapse.
Good stuff, that is best :)
Also, you are right most Brachypelma do follow that behavior pattern.
I would say my Hadrurus spp. are my most active arid Scorpions.
I want a Smeringurus mesaensis next.

Stugy

Arachnolord
lol I can't stand coffee for some reason. Just today my dad took me and my sister to Starbucks and I had no idea we were going there. I'm still not done with my coffee :yuck: I just don't see what is so good about the stuff. And stilllll waiting for the scorp to molt. I feel like she is screwing with me or something "Oh look! I think I might molt today! Ehhh nah I'll molt tomorrow..."

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Bunch of haters!!
Cut me, I'll bleed coffee all over you!
I love my coffee, the darker the better! "No sugar or cream/milk, I drink mine straight!"
Over 5 decades of drinking coffee and will probably die w/h a cup in hand. Lol!