What to do now?

What should I do now?

• Don't Worry, Be Happy!

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Spend all your life savings on a group of Monocentropus lambertoni.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Sell your entire collection and start from scratch.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Eat them with Teriyaki sauce... mmmm.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Get (insert species name here).

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I'm at a loss at the moment. I've just received a couple species in the mail for new breeding projects. I should be excited, but now I realize I've finally reached my goal for what social species I want.

Yes I have breeding goals and most of my species are near or at that stage, as well as some large tanks in the works, but why am I feeling a gaping wound?

I currently have increasing populations of the following:

Heterothele gabonensis (50+)
Heterothele villosella (70+)
Holothele incei (100+)
Ischnothele caudata (???)

And breeding projects of the following:

Hemiercus sp. Venezuela Red
Hemiercus sp. Venezuela Gold (mated 3 females)
Holothele sp. Colombia "Bumble Bee" (1 molt away from maturity)
Holothele incei "Gold" (1 molt away from maturity)
Hysterocrates gigas
Monocentropus balfouri (gravid female)
Oligoxystre sp. Atlantic Forest Brazil
Pamphobeteus sp. Chicken Spider (new mature male, a couple females ready)

Now I'm asking you lovely folks for any suggestions. I only enjoy social species and will not try Avics again. I have learned from experience that these are merely tolerant for lengthy, but finite periods of time. I can't stand Pokies. Yes you read correctly. For some reason their patterns and ornate looks turn me off from owning them. Plus I do not want a cluster of legs leaving waste all over the glass.

So now what? Are there species I am over looking? I could do a group of Monocentropus lambertoni, though importing them into Canada will be a chore.

Should I find a new species to occupy my time? Though part of me feels I should just learn to be happy with what I have. I do have 300+ tarantulas after all...

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pandercetes gracilis?
Are they social? I know Delena cancerides is. I had a group of those and one overly gravid female. I left for a week and she had passed on. Now the only way to legally get them would be to export out of New Zealand after shoveling funds into their international trade/export department to get them to work out a permit and trade agreement with Canada for that specific species. I've already talked to several government officials on both sides about that one... :wall:

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm still experimenting with Holothele sp Tachira. I've got a group of six that have been living together since January. They share hides, but do not cooperatively hunt nor share food. They should be reaching sexual maturity anytime now, and that may change social dynamics. But time will tell. I've got other individuals set up in separate containers to use as breeders if the group suddenly turns sour.