what the hell...my rose hair adult female turned evil over night

JEREMY BEATY

Arachnopeon
whats up with this spider..i could always count on this spider being able to handle.. i wouldnt dare put my hand in there today..shes biting everything..damn meen ass spider ...is she raggin or what???why nice spider trying to bite me

knifeguy

Arachnopeon
PMS maybe? ;P
Don't think there is enought data for an accurate "diagnostic".
Did you do something different today? Like blow on her or scare her? Is she being fed nuff, maybe she is hungry? Did you maybe smell of something that might irritate her(to much cologne or parfume or something)(not sure they can smell stuff)?
Maybe she is just having a bad day and does not like to be disturbed.
Hard to say since she only did this today.

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't pick it up. Problem solved.
She can't speak to you and say she doesn't want to be held. She's showing you she doesn't want to be held.

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't handle my T's on purpose, but I think they get a little less friendly when they're in heavy pre-molt status. Perhaps they realize they can be more easily damaged at this point or maybe it hurts them. Whatever, I think it's herway of telling you to back off for a while. Diane

nolan

Arachnopeon
I will tell you in scientific terms why.... Rosies aren't spiders at all they are the incarnate of pure evil and as this unholy being they lure you into their world with kindness only to completly break you down mentally and make you weep in the corner like a scared child

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I will tell you in scientific terms why.... Rosies aren't spiders at all they are the incarnate of pure evil and as this unholy being they lure you into their world with kindness only to completly break you down mentally and make you weep in the corner like a scared child
+1 {D Mine does the same.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine was a great hand pet, then i came home one day and BAM nailed me.

Wont let me touch it since.

I'm think my cat is terrorizing my spiders during the day.
:wall:

knifeguy

Arachnopeon
Mine was a great hand pet, then i came home one day and BAM nailed me.
Wont let me touch it since.
:wall:
Sounds a bit like my LP. Xept mine never did get to nail me as i was to kung-fu for her, meaning i have a very fast reaction time when my ass is on the line {D

Spiral_Stairs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I used to have a PZB that was the biggest teddy bear in the world. I swear that there was absolutely no way you could get that spider to bite you. Then one day she got very skittish and defensive...she molted about a month later and returned back to her old self.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sounds a bit like my LP. Xept mine never did get to nail me as i was to kung-fu for her, meaning i have a very fast reaction time when my ass is on the line {D
lol, I wasn't expecting it at all, NO threat display just went to get her and bam that's all she wrote.

dry bite though.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Ive always heard Rosea's can be very unpredictable ive seen some pretty nasty one's. Mine was always nice but it seems that isn't always the case lol

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My G. pulchra used to be the sweetest thing ever. Then she molted and her attitude turned a complete 180. She has molted 3 times since then and never returned to her old self. I think it's a Grammostola thing.

seezilla

Arachnopeon
{D{D{D That is freaking hilarious!

My Rosie is calm and super docile, but doesn't like to be handled. I've decided to respect that since I've heard of Rosies going psycho. I'd just leave your Rosie alone and let her be for awhile. Could be premolt or just a grouchy spider. ;) No sense in getting nailed.

jeryst

Arachnopeon
Let her be, and enjoy her for what she is.

If you want to handle something, go get a Pink Zebra Beauty. I dont think they ever get mean.

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Don't worry. My 2 Rosies aren't the best of females either. And one likes to rearrange the enclosure after I've fixed it. So we go back and forth sometimes. Like a miniature argument but we aren't speaking. lol But handling is out of the question with these two.