What the heck!! What is going on?

mschemmy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok I have never seen anything like this before!! My LP molted 3 weeks ago into a mature male. Finally ate yesterday since molt. I checked on it this morning and I found it completely enclosed itself in a web with just the top part of its body and top two legs sticking out. I know T's will web themselves in a burrow at times but this is different. It literally backed itself into a corner of the tank, pushed itself up so it is leaning back against the enclosure and wrapped itself if a tight full bodied web except for the top quarter of its body which is sticking out of the top. Has anyone ever seen this before? Does it mean anything?:? I will try to get a picture but I dont want to disturb it right now until I know more about what is going on.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Another vote for spermweb. He's depositing his sperm on the inside of the web. When he's finished that part, he'll climb up on the top of the web, reach under and load his palpal emboli. It's cool to watch. He's in his prime right now and ready to do his thing. Good luck if you choose to let him sow his oats.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yay for sperm webs! Its such a complicated process...very interesting. Congrats. Do you have a girlfriend for him? And if so are you ready to send everybody on the boards a couple babies? lol ;)

Hanes

Arachnosquire
Yep sounds like he is getting ready to make thousands of babies

BillyG

Arachnopeon
it's time to mate i think:clap:,but still be ready that you may lose him(well female may eat him).

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What does one do if a MM isnt making sperm webs ? Is he on his way out then ?? :?

mschemmy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow this is pretty cool to se all this happen! He has done exactly what you said. The down side to all of this is I do not have a female yet. Never breed a T or packaged one for mailing. So looking for someone in the Pittsburgh Pa area that would be interested in doing a little breeding project with me.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What does one do if a MM isnt making sperm webs ? Is he on his way out then ?? :?
Just because you don't see him making one, doesn't mean he's not. They tear them down shortly after loading up. The remains are indistinguishable from normal cage webbing :).

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow this is pretty cool to se all this happen! He has done exactly what you said. The down side to all of this is I do not have a female yet. Never breed a T or packaged one for mailing. So looking for someone in the Pittsburgh Pa area that would be interested in doing a little breeding project with me.
Packaging a T is way easier than your probably assuming. A MM LP is a good one to start with too. At least it's not a flighty pokie or something similar. Search around on here and I'm sure you can find out some more info on packing your T.

Regardless of what you end up doing with him at least you got to see him make a sperm web. I haven't caught the MM's I've had making them.

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
right this has made me want to mate my chilli rose. need a male, but thats never garanteed, anyone near me have one to mate?

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I was excited to catch this phenomenon, so here is a pic for everyone wanting to see a pic.
The beginning-

Depositing the sperm-

And loading the palps.

If you find someone with a female who is willing, I say send him on his way. There are plenty of LPs out there to be sure, but there is always someone wanting to get started with an easier species. Good luck whatever you decide!!