What the Heck!? (Molting Issue)

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So I'm walking up to my room and upon entry notice that my A.Avic male has flipped onto his back on top of a hammock web on the piece of driftwood that I've placed in there. At this point, I can only think of one thing, molting. He didn't move at all and I was careful about making too much noise. Of course, in all the excitement I call my brother upstairs since he had been wanting to see a molting T. He proceeds up the stairs, but upon entry to the room, accidentally puts one foot down rather loudly thus startling the Avic. The T immediately jolts up and grabs the side of the enclosure with his front legs. Of course, knowing that my brother unintentionally disturbed the molting procedure, I kick him out of the room and take the T enclosure to somewhere dark and warm since I was about to watch the Angels/Dodgers game and didn't want to take the risk of the noise or flickering of the TV to interfere with molting.

Here's my problem. The T has been in the dark since yesterday night starting around 7:30pm or so and has not molted yet. I've kept the volume on the TV down a bit and continued to check on him. Nothing at all.

Was my brother's unintentional disturbance stressful to the spider and will it negatively affect the molting process from here on out?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don’t think that it’s going to be that big of a deal. When I tried to watch my first T molt for the first time I did much the same thing on accident. I bumped the container and my little guy flipped back over, and did not molt for another 3 days. So while disturbing her may have prolonged the molt I don't think it's going to complicate it at all. Just be patient.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don’t think that it’s going to be that big of a deal. When I tried to watch my first T molt for the first time I did much the same thing on accident. I bumped the container and my little guy flipped back over, and did not molt for another 3 days. So while disturbing her may have prolonged the molt I don't think it's going to complicate it at all. Just be patient.
same case, I had the same issue, same answer.. {D

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nah that shouldn't disturb it much. I was refilling the water in some of my invert enclosures and didn't notice a T molting in its hide. The water got too close when I overfilled so it jumped up and filed the proper forms with the complaint department. It flipped back over a little while later and molted just fine.

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm sure the T will be fine. Ts encounter noises and disturbances in the while when they molt I'm sure. Thunder, Other Animals passing by. However, I can see your concerns, we love them so much and want what's best for our babies. =D

You're male should be fine. I'm sure it will be a great molt, you have to post up pics afterwards.

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If it was startled and was able to reposition itself, it should be fine. Waiting for a T to molt is like the proverbial boiling pot of water. Fascinating when you do catch it and well worth the wait!