What the f?

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, so my curly hair sling molted on May 8th, and it was in it's closed burrow for 6 days and then i decide to dig it out because it hasn't come out, so i dug it out and gave it new substrate, and when i took it out i noticed a piece of abdomen from the molt stuck on her/him and i did the whole paint brush water thing you know, and it came off really easily, and well when i put it back into its new home, it went into the burrow i made it, and closed it... anyone know what's going on? Shouldn't it be hungry? it molted 8 days ago, but won't come out... Any ideas what's happening?? Thanks If your woundering the sling is about 1"
Mike

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have seen a few of my T's do that before. I can't say for sure but I think it's basically your T saying "I'll decide when...".
I don't think there's anything to worry about. Just be patient (I try me best but I'm not always. It's easy to be psyched about a molt. :)) and the little guy should emerge before too long with his appetite.

Good luck! :)

Atrax

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
my curly was gone for months.

In fact, I posted another thread about it coming out. I was so excited. it had molted twice underground, never threw out its molted skin either...but I could see "three" spiders in thru the side of the burrow thru the container...

Well, it just recently came out of its burrow, webbed up the top of the substrate and molted last night. Hooray!
I guess they have their own views on the way it should work.
I wouldnt worry about it, eventually it will come out.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey mike,

like i said, try some food and if not, no worries. the T knows better than you, right? :)

don't worry buddy!
IM me back in a day or so... we'll talk!

peace
dave

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Rapunzel,
Are you saying your T molted twice in a closed burrow without getting food in between the two molts? Mine closed the burrow and hasn't eaten scince the molt... I'm sure it will be fine, just woundering why it doesn't want some fooooood! I have some pics from when i was cleaning it's vial, i'll post them later, they aren't on this computer.
Mike

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yep, that is what I am saying..and afterwards, it opened the top

of the burrow so that there was a small hole on top. But, I know for a fact that I had two molts without feeding it at all. Every time I looked in at it, the top of the burrow was sealed off.So, I figured that I just had a container of dirt to take care of.
For some reason now, though, it is on top, it finally decided to live above ground, which is really cool.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mike,
it probably doesn't want any food because it may not be hungry :)

don't flip out. When it wants to eat, itll snag a cricket or whatever youre feeding it. Remember, your T's not here to please you, you're here to take care of the T ;P

good luck buddy
peace
dave

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks everyone, I never knew a T could molt twice without eating in between.. oh well... it was pretty fat so maybe it has... uhh... i don't know stuff to do.. haha.. well the T knows what it's doing so it should be fine, i love this T, it's one of my favorite because i raised it from a little speck to an inch now. thanks again, here's a picture from when i changed it's substrate the day i dug her/him out. thanks again
Mike
The molt stuck on his abdomen is no longer there i did the whole paint brush method and it came right off, :)

Attachments

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
wow, that is unreal. i'm glad i read that, i had no idea that Ts could molt two or three times without eating.

you guys just saved me a lot of stress and worry. :)