What the F?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My A. genic that just molted just attacked his exoskelleton. It looks like he is trying to envenomate it!

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
My A. genic that just molted just attacked his exoskelleton. It looks like he is trying to envenomate it!
I've seen weirder. My centipede attacked it's water dish recently.

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
a couple of months ago, I had a bluejay attacking my front door, saw a reflection of himself in the alumu...alumi...alminu...tin and thought it was another male i guess, quite funny watching it.

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Our P. fasciata did that once. I thought it was kinda cool because I figured it was taking back the nutrients it lost in the molt. Notice I am still saying 'it' since I couldn't sex the spider from the stupid thing!!

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I guess it is possible that they are trying to take back nutrients, because on the animal planet I just saw that jumping spiders can and do eat their web-like "bungee cords" for nutrition.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Whilst I was feeding last night, I saw something very strange. I tossed the cricks into my albo's enclosure, and the little juvie, jumped up in the air, catching one. It then flipped, and landed on its back. Panicking, I went to reach in, thinking the crick was overpowering it. Nope, it was fine.

Peace,
Gillian

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, this is what Striker did to his exivum while I was gone:

Last edited:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Question

I have read that it is good to leave the exivum in the vivarium for a few days after the molt. But I wonder if it is stressing the guy out, and that is why he did what he did. Should I take it out?

Ok, here is another view of the exivuball that Striker made:

Last edited: