What the crap is she doing?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was looking at my B. Vagans and she's inside of her hide and it looks like she's spinning a web but there is nothing coming out? I talked to swift earlier and he said that spiders have about 5 different types of silk that they use for different things. Also she might be pregnant so is there any way to tell if she is?

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Maybe she's preparing for an egg sac. You did say she was gravid ...

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thats what i'm hoping for because the timeline is matching up but she's been REAL active the last few days and im so new at this I don't know what to expect?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The do have different types of silk they lay..... sometimes its just to lay a trail down for a potiential mate that wanders by that is laces heavly with hormones that the male can pick up on.............

Any way how long has it been since the mating?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The first introduction was in early november and off and on for about the next month or so until he bit it.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well its still a bit earily..... and thats a good thing.... I have found that sacs laid right away within 2 months of a mating are infertile. However with some of my smithis when they have dropped sacs the dropped in later months 4,5,6 months past a mating.

Are you flooding at all?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well with my brachys after mating I cool them down for a little bit.... this simulates winter.... that goes on for a few weeks normally I try for 6-8 weeks. Then I raise the temps gradually, and do cage flooding...... this means I take standing room temp water and make it seem like its raining sometimes using a few bottles at a time. Then I let the tank dry out some..... then repeat. I do this till she picks a place to set up shop and seal herself in. After she does that all I do is add a water dish and keep both of them full. The wet periods make it seem like its spring time and with Brachys seems to stimulate sac production.