What tarantulas do you prefer old worlds or new worlds?

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
I would say new worlds. I love the hairy, bulky & colourful terrestrials. I don't think I would be comfortable going too far into old worlds given the speed and venom severity - particularly old world arboreals. I've only ever had 1 old world, a Ceratogyrus darlingi, which I enjoyed keeping for the short time I had it.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I like them all. Is that an option?
That being said, the Genus where I have multiple species is Aphonopelma. I love my local Ts, and not so local Ts.

Last edited:

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I like them all. Is that an option?
That being said, the Genus where I have multiple species is Aphonopelma. I love my local Ts, and not so local Ts.
I have to say I agree with you alot. My female A. chalcodes is so sweet, she has a special place in my heart.

My C. versicolor is an absolute doll as well, love'em both.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I have to say I agree with you alot. My female A. chalcodes is so sweet, she has a special place in my heart.

My C. versicolor is an absolute doll as well, love'em both.
I have 2 A chalcodes, 3 A steindachneri, and an A bicoloratum, I will add some A eutylenum when I can.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I’m a nw kinda guy, but I do like the few ow’s I have...mostly.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
This exactly for me. I like Filipino sp and African sp but most other OW I am not into, whereas I like almost all NW species.
Yeah, I like some Ornithoctoninae, a couple of Baboon species, and about 5 Poecilotheria species, everything else is just kinda "meh" for me.

Uial

Arachnosquire
New Worlds for me, chill, big and terrestrial, though I've been told my tastes are boring^^

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
There was a time when I was still new during which I said "Never OWs" - yeah....well...

Nowadays though, if a T appeals to me, it doesn't matter if it's NW/OW.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Neither. I just like to buy tarantulas I like the look of. Doesn't matter if they're OW, NW, fossorial, terrestrial or arboreal.