What tarantulas can stridulate?

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
As I am to understand it, all three Goliaths and the King Baboon can stridulate to ward off predators. Are there any others that can do this?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
C. fimbriatus, not sure about the other Chilobrachys though. Many Phlogious can as well.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Are the stridulating organs always on the side of the chelicerae like on P. murinus?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Are the stridulating organs always on the side of the chelicerae like on P. murinus?
I don't believe so, but someone feel free to correct me. The only reason I say this is that my P. sp. "Black" seems to run its back legs against the abdomen while making the noise. It also sounds much different than a T. stirmi, much more like a squeaking rather than a hissing.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
C. fimbriatus, not sure about the other Chilobrachys though. Many Phlogious can as well.
sweet. Did you see my other thread about the Goliaths? It'd be pretty interesting to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, all I can say is that pamphos don't have a stridulating organ on their chelicerae.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Imagine an army of those guys... they'd wake up my whole neighborhood... *begins to make plans*