What tarantula should I get?

jesstarantula<3

Arachnopeon
I currently have a 4.75 inch female Grammostola rosea and now I have a 12Hx10Wx20L terrarium and I am interested in getting another tarantula. I would like a relatively large terrestrial species that isn't too expensive. Any suggestions?

Joshlividum567

Arachnopeon
APHONOPELMA SEEMANI! Just make sure to get a female.Theyre pretty cheap.You wont be dissapointed.Or maybe its just me.I think they are a really awesome beginner species.

Czalz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
G. Pulchra

If you buy a sling they aren't too costly, and they are one of the sweetest (for lack of a better word) species I've ever had. They are typically very gentle and easy to care for. They also can reach an impressive size and are very heavy bodied.

SDiego

Arachnosquire
Green bottle blue. Fantastic hunters. Makes cool webs and uses the webs to hunt and find stuff. Also, the GBB is generally out and about and can be an active tarantula. They look cool too. Finally, very hardy desert species that is easy to care for.

BillyG

Arachnopeon
I think arboreal tarantulas are really turn people on,maybe you should think 'bout getting one,of course start with the most docile arboreal in my opinion:Avicularia avicularia. btw whether sling or subadult or adult,they are not expensive,although they moving slow but they're very very very shy so beware about don't scare them.:p

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For that size cage and if you want large. Get and L. parahybana they certainly are cheap and do get big as BigJ999 already stated.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow...you have a lot of options. I do a bullet list!

A geniculata: Large, great eaters, VERY noticible (don't need a light to see the colors like with some other species) and just fun.

G pulchra: Nice, big, nice, huge chelicerae, long lived, nice, gentle, sweet, and nice.

G pulchripes: Sweet, big, beautiful, long lived, pretty, nice, big, nice, colorful. And nice.

GBB: Awesome as slings. Eat, eat, eat, molt. Premoult can take a while though :( Pretty, not a great handling T. Webs are AWESOME if you put in objects for them to web onto. Little nervous, sometimes quick to kick hairs. I've held all 3 of mine without issue though, so I think they are less irritable than some may say. Or I have nicer ones. They get fairly good sized and hefty.

LP: For your' tank size, I'd try to get one of these. Even with a tiny sling (believe me...they are TINY) you can power feed with good temps and get 4-6" in the first year. They are absolutely ravenous. I don't have any better eaters in my collection. They molt like crazy when they first start off. Best of all though, they stay out in the open. Mine are always hanging out in the middle of the tank. While not colorful, people tend to notice if you have a 10" spider in a tank. It's an awesome T.

Anyways...good luck trying to choose! This is why you'll eventually get many more. So many to get, and all for different reasons.

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Next T

All great choices so far! Just to add a few more off the top of my head- B Vagans and B Smithi.