What T in your collection is the most important to you?

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My E. cyanognathus even if I never see her. After that probably my 4" Female B. vagans. My first T and my most defensive! Got to love that little gal.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here she is.. :) When she molted her molt was 7.25"... She didnt grow alot either.. She is no more than 7.5"...

*Edit* She just ate last night.. So over look the roach bits in there.. :D

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For me it is my A. purpurea. Close second is my I. hirsutum, third is my B. emilia, my personal first T. =)

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it's nice seeing the all-too often unloved rosea get some love in this thread.

i'd have to say my rosea is my favourite as well, although my weirdo bohemei comes in a very, very close second.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
she looks great!
Thanks! :) She is the girl that I just mated.. Kind of second guessing doing that now.. LoL! But I will have a few extra LPs! :D

Free critters once she drops a sac! {D

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
it's nice seeing the all-too often unloved rosea get some love in this thread. .
I personaly love Rosies! I have Avics, Brachys, Heterothelles and Aphonopelmas but I most deffinatly favor the Gramastollas! (sorry about any spelling errors) I have 7 Rosies at the moment and though I am selling a few of them they are still wonderfull T's.

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i cant choose a fav. but my L.V. at 6'' or so inches and my little P subfusca!!!!!! coolest little T ever and she is not afrade of anything~!

natebugman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'd have to choose my Lasiodorides striatus. She was my first T and I've had her more than 10 years now. She's also currently the largest and rarest T I have. I'm really attached to her.

fleshman

Arachnopeon
My MM G. pulchripes for sure. I raised him from a teen-iny little baby and he is such a big boy now and I am (hopefully) eagerly awaiting his babies (my grandbabies =)) he is also my most reliable T. I have brought him out to countless outreach/educational events in the community here, mostly for young children, and if I'm going to be in a room full of loud excited children holding a tarantula, while distracted trying to actually teach something at the same time, he is the guy I would want to do it with. I guess soon he will die and then I don't know who I will use, because my other T's, while all being somewhat 'holdable' none are reliable - they have good moods and bad moods and if the day you want to do something with them is a bad day then your SOL. I will miss my Bob when he goes =( (he is over a year old). While on the subject I gotta just say that G. pulchripes is like the best species ever. I'm convinced.

-Brandi

blackrayne

Arachnopeon
up until this weekend my favorite was my rose hair jellybeans...but i had to euthanize her because of dks :((...so i guess current favs would have to be my 4" b. smithi or my 3/4 inch h. mac...definatly plan on getting another rose hair though...

toidy

Arachnosquire
i'll go with my sub-adult female g. pulchras. for some sentimental reasons i guess..

Last edited:

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It would depend on how valuable the particular T is. My first T was a rosea (named "Rosie") and I love her, b/c she was my first T so she has some "sentimental" value. But I also have "higher quality" stuff like a juvenile B. smithi ("Rita"), adult P. regalis ("Angelique"), and sub-adult T. blondi ("Tiny"), all females, and all of which I would just hate to part with if such a decision were to befall me b/c they cost a fair amount of money and they are beautiful creatures. The thought "if I could only keep ONE T from my entire current collection and had to for whatever reason pawn the rest, which one would it be?" has crossed my mind a few times, but dang I can't believe how hard it is to make a definitive decision on the matter:wall:

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My very bulky G pulchra that makes me happy every time I handle her :). my second is my cinamon teddy bear she is a punching bag lol you can literally do anything to her because she likes playing dead lol

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow!!!!!!!!!!! i have alot of ts but my favorite is my curly sue aka curlyhair aka b. albopilosum, i love her more than my p. metalica

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Whichever one bites me first. Then, I'll consider it my equal.