What spp occur in mexico?

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Does anyone know the spp that occur in the mayan riviera region of mexico? if so any info or articles would be great. I may be taking a trip upcoming with my fiance to somewhere along the mayan r. so i hope to do some hunting while i am there!

thanks guys

cheers
steve

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No sorry I can't help, I do not know which species occurs in the Mayan riviera.
Chad has probably a lot of bibliography on Mexican spp.

Last edited:

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
their is lots of stuff their...probably alot of scorpions that nobody had ID'ed too...so keep your eyes peeled...

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

I´d suggest burrowing "Scorpions of Baja California, Mexico, and Adjacent Islands" by Williams somewhere.

redhourglass

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Steve and all,

Sounds like a great trip visiting the Mayan Riveria. I presume this area is the Yuacatan of Mexico so only two specific articles are relevant. See this link -- CLICK -- for further info c/o Studies on the Caves and Cave Fauna of the Yucatan Peninsula.

Scorpions of the genus Diplocentrus from the Yucatán Peninsula (Scorpionida, Diplocentridae), by O. F. Francke

Scorpions of the genus Centruroides Marx from the Yucatán Peninsula (Arachnida, Scorpionida, Buthidae), by F. W. Wagner

I have both articles but are piled up with my tons of other scorp papers. Dave (SD) may have them. Maybe PM him with the literature request or see if replies to this thread.

(PDF) Alacranes sinantrópicos de Mérida, Yucatán, México. Rev Biomed 1999; 10:153-158

Over all you find Diplocentrus Centruroides and doubtful to Typhlochactas. I searched for other threads regarding Mexico on a quick search.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=50993
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=50139

Have fun with the trip and fiance and remember to be safe and respect the land, culture and the people. Water too LOL !

Hope this helps.

Chad

Does anyone know the spp that occur in the mayan riviera region of mexico? if so any info or articles would be great. I may be taking a trip upcoming with my fiance to somewhere along the mayan r. so i hope to do some hunting while i am there!

thanks guys

cheers
steve

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

I just took a look into the Williams book. It´s on Baja California mostly and won´t be of any great use for you. Don´t bother borrowing it (well, at least if you aren´t interested into the scorpionfauna of Baja California).

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks alot for the help Alex, Chad and everybody...
I guess i will just hunt and find whatever spp i can get my hands on!
I hope to just find some interesting scorpions, doesnt matter what genus. Im sure there are plenty of neat spp dwelling somewhere among my travels.

cheers guys
steve