What spider is this?

hard_jokur

Arachnopeon
a member on another board (unrelated to T's) has these things in his house and wants to know what kind of spider it is.

here is a copy/paste of his post
So, I bought a house that has been vacant for almost 3 years. I'm all moved in, but have noticed, that I'm not alone. For the third night in a row, I have come across a HUGE spider. I understand, that spiders are common place, and that doesnt bother me. BUT.....I have killed 3 of these spiders, and they all look exactly the same, and they are all the same size. (X LARGE) The first one, that I killed on Sunday was so big, that the lights were out, and I could still see a dark mass crawling across the floor.

So, last night, I grabbed the camera before I killed it. There is nothing in the pic for comparison to show size...but all 3 have been between racket ball and baseball size. Any ways, I wanted to know if anyone knows what kind of spiders these are, and if Im in any danger if one were to crawl in bed with me. (They are tarantula size...but I know they arent tarantulas)

Thanks

Rich

Attachments

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
D. tenebrosus - Dark Fishing Spider, it is not dangerous.

He can place a container over them, slide a piece of thin card board between the container and the surface, and place them out side.