What species of T to get??

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Next month my birthday is coming up and my mom's like what species of tarantula should i get you?? The good thing about it is that it be a expensive tarantula or cheap one but i wanted to know yall's opinion on what to get thats money worth!! Any comments and suggestions would be welcome and helpful!!!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That all depends on what you like and want........... why ask a bunch of people that are not you? I mean do you want arboreal, ground dwelling, burrowing? All those things are only things you can answer. Look around see what fits what you like then get it!

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That all depends on what you like and want........... why ask a bunch of people that are not you? I mean do you want arboreal, ground dwelling, burrowing? All those things are only things you can answer. Look around see what fits what you like then get it!

well i want ground dwelling something who comes out every now and then i might get a brachypelma species.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i dont think anyone can have a complete collection with out havinf a B. smithi. but thats me. However , i am considering getting rid of all mine except the ones i will be taking to the schools and native to Texas species

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
next comes the other big question :? how much do u want to spend???? i mean there are several, very beautiful terrestrial t's such as M. mesomelas and several brachys, such as B. klaasi to chose from...though the 2 i just named usually are kinda pricey...
soo i'm kinda agreeing with the above, in that you should probably spend some time looking through some sites(rick wests or sellers sites) or go to the t gallery here on the boards.. pine through some t's and see what catches your eye...and who knows you might just settle on a P. regalis lol...good luck

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
redknee, if you aint all ready got one.

or

(Monocentropus balfouri) the Socotra Island Blue Baboon, one of the most rarest tarantula in the world! :D

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, Took we a while to get some words together, but NONE of them can explain how I felt when I first saw this. What an amazing and beautiful T. How big do they grow??

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow, Took we a while to get some words together, but NONE of them can explain how I felt when I first saw this. What an amazing and beautiful T. How big do they grow??
about 15cm, Its a Torquoise / blue Baboon spider with long white hairs on their femurs. As well as that they come from Sorocco Island which is off Yemen, which means it is near impossible to collect. as well a being really really rare