What Species of Avic i this?

Zman181

Arachnoknight
I listed it as A.metallica in my files when I saved the image. I suspect it is an A.metallica. However, not sure. Wanted some opinions. Thanks for your time. I know for sure it isn't a A.avic

peterock44

Arachnopeon
i may be wrong, but i dont think metallica has red hairs on the butt. your best bet with any avic that you dont know for sure what sp it is, is to label it as avicularia sp.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i may be wrong, but i dont think metallica has red hairs on the butt. your best bet with any avic that you dont know for sure what sp it is, is to label it as avicularia sp.
I have an A. metallica and in certain lighting those hairs can look red. Sometimes just looking at them, they seem pinkish or red or they may just be light pink... Either way, yeah sometimes it seems that way.

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can you snap a pic more or two? Beautiful tarantula regardless.

Ashphetamine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im no pro at identifying different spidey species- but it slightly confuses me that the spider in the image has pink toes & pink rump bristles.

The only two spiders ive had with pink toes were Avi avi and avic purpurea.

are pink toes just an Avic thing?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im no pro at identifying different spidey species- but it slightly confuses me that the spider in the image has pink toes & pink rump bristles.

The only two spiders ive had with pink toes were Avi avi and avic purpurea.

are pink toes just an Avic thing?
The Avicularia genus are known as "Pinktoes"

Ashphetamine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ahhh-- So its safe to say if it has pink toes its probably an Avic of some sort. :] Thank you Skele, I'll reassociate pink toes as a general Avic quality rather than just the few sp i knew about. <3

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
I only own two species of Avic (avic and metallica), so I'm far from an expert. However, it doesn't look like my metallica . . . . could it be sp. Peru Purple with those colored hair stripes on the opisthosoma? :?