What species is considered the most vicious and agressive?

winter_in_tears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Which scorpion species is the most vicious, aggressive and violent? It doesn't necessarily have to me the most venomous.

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In my experience, Androctonus sp. have a real pissy attitude. I've also had Hottentotta and Parabuthus sp. go on sting frenzies whenever you disturb them in the slightest. Some Heterometrus sp. I've owned will never turn tail and run when provoked. They always stand their ground and fight like warriors.

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
tbh the individual scorpion plays a part too. but yeah I think buthids are probably the pissiest scorps..

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
IME A.bicolor. I have seen them go crazy with the shadow of a hand or the slightest air currents.

John
];')

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
IME A.bicolor. I have seen them go crazy with the shadow of a hand or the slightest air currents.

John
];')
I had an emperor that acted the same way. But I agree MOST A. bicolors I've had tend to be pissy.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
andros for sure! my bicolors have been particularly nasty. more so than others i have had...

Newports

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is it bad if my bicolor is too calm? It doesn't show much anger at all. But my australis' and especially my mauri's are crazy. My mauri's just start whacking the air and their peice of cork when I walk near them. And the fights they put with meal worms and roach nymphs are pretty cool, very fast. I really got to film it one day.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
haha, no! one of my bicolors is calm enough to hold (not that i do that :rolleyes:) while the other goes ballistic at the drop of a pin. different 'personalities' if you will. not to say that the calm one can't be quite aggressive at times though... ;)

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My vote goes for A. australis.... especially the little ones, they seem more feisty!

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm going to go with the one that stings you. (I know cliche answer for this type of question).

The picture below is the species that came the closest to stinging me. I don't remember its name. It was found on the Western Cape Province of South Africa.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
The picture below is the species that came the closest to stinging me. I don't remember its name. It was found on the Western Cape Province of South Africa.
Looks like it could be Parabuthus mossambicensis. They range in the area. It would probably have a pretty nasty sting.

John
];')

freeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'd say Scorpio maurus have the nastiest charcter of all scorps ii've had i the past. my A.bicolor is really quite calm and when disturbed it preffers to run & hide under a rock than initiate defensive display.

Skywalker

Arachnopeon
I'm going to go with the one that stings you. (I know cliche answer for this type of question).

This is a Parabuthus planicauda. They are closely related to and often misidentified as P. capensis. P. mossambicensis does not range into the Western Cape as far as I know. In my experience P. planicauda is not aggressive. They prefer to run and hide.
The most aggressive species I have kept were Buthacus leptochelys and Nebo hierichonticus.

straywolf

Arachnopeon
This is a Parabuthus planicauda. They are closely related to and often misidentified as P. capensis. P. mossambicensis does not range into the Western Cape as far as I know. In my experience P. planicauda is not aggressive. They prefer to run and hide.
The most aggressive species I have kept were Buthacus leptochelys and Nebo hierichonticus.
Hey Skywalker,

How do I differentiate P. capensis, mossambicensis and planicauda from each other.. :?

mrflibble

Arachnopeon
id say my juvy H.swammerdami is the most aggro ive ever seen, it hisses, stings and charges at you with it pinchers ready when you even go near it.

Skywalker

Arachnopeon
Hey Skywalker,

How do I differentiate P. capensis, mossambicensis and planicauda from each other.. :?
Hi,

well, the easiest and most accurate way to ID them is by granulation pattern on the dorsal side of the II. metasomal segment. But that only works with the specimen right in front of you or if macro shots are provided.
In this case here I based my ID on body shape, shape of the metasoma and coloration. Of course that only works if one has seen quite a few specimen of each species.

burmish101

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The 5 Tityus bahiensis ive kept for a short time years ago were psycho. The slightest bump of their deli cup and they went nuts stinging the dirt and everything. They were extemely sting friendly.

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have been told that the "Death Stalkers" were the baddest in the valley. I was told by many to stay away from them. I heard that the "Thick Tailed Scorpions" were also bad. Only one I want to even venture on with is B. Jacksoni.